Well we have had quite a week! We had Uncle Gerald's visitation Tuesday night and funeral Wednesday. Caedyn had swimming lessons Monday through Wednesday, and now I need to be packing for the weekend. My mom just left with the kids. Gary and I are going to North Carolina for a wedding this weekend. We are riding up with his parents, and Gary's dad will be here in less than an hour! Am I packed? No! Have I started? No! For some reason I felt the need to blog! I don't have time to add pictures from this week, but here are some highlights from the week.
1. Eli was 4 months old yesterday and as of Monday he was 25.5 inches long and 16 pounds 14 ounces. What a big boy!
2. Caedyn will be 19 months old tomorrow, and as of Monday she was 32.25 inches tall and 27.9 pounds.
3. Caedyn learned some of her colors this week. I was just telling my mom that colors are a hard concept because if I hold up a ball and say "red," Caedyn just says, "Ball!" Somehow this week, she knows colors, especially blue and orange. On the way to swim lessons she was pointing out everything that was blue - cars, trucks, signs, awnings, etc. Then we passed a Home Depot sign and she said, "Orange!" I was floored! I don't really know how she knows this stuff. She is just smart. I don't sit around teaching her all day!
4. Dr. Mac said that Eli can start cereal and baby foods. So he had Barley last night. One spoonful that took 3 minutes to get in and keep in, and he was done. It is so much fun to watch a baby learn to eat!
5. Dr. Mac also said that Eli is LAZY! That cracks me up. She said that since he is a belly sleeper that he should be turning over and to work with him to show him how. I don't really know what she means about that, but we'll try!
6. Caedyn is back on with the potty training. Now she wants to use the BIG potty instead of her little potty. Hey, whatever she wants! I hate changing her poopy diapers!
7. Caedyn remembers everything from her first swimming lessons session and she would be swimming under water if we had a pool to work with her! She also has learned how to climb out of the pool (hand, hand, elbow, elbow, belly, knee, knee), which is one of the safety skills they taught her this week.
Well, I better sign off for now. I have just over 30 minutes to pack! I will post pics later! Have a great weekend!
2 comments:
Bad Melissa! Good blogger, but BAD Melissa! ;) I hope you have a nice weekend, and I can't wait to see pics of Eli's first food!
HUGS!
Kelly
What a week for sure! As for teaching Eli to turn over, I worked with him all weekend. I'd get on the floor next to him on my belly and tell him to watch me flip to my back. Over and over I did this, but he just looked at me as if I was crazy. Hmmmm! I must be sleep deprived because right now I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. I can just visualize all the adults in Eli's life "working with him" to learn to roll over.
We had a great weekend with the kids. By last night I was so tired and sore from lifting and playing on the floor that I could barely move. But today at work, all day in my head I kept hearing that cute little voice of Caedyn saying, "mulk." You know how you get a word or a song in your head and you can't get it out? Today my word was "mulk" (Caedyn's word for milk.) OK, so maybe I am crazy-crazy about those kids. I love you all!
CiCi
Post a Comment