Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday Already!

It seems like the pace of summer really picked up once it hit July! I will do my weekly list and add pictures tomorrow! My camera is outside tonight.

1. On the work note, I met the language arts teachers from my new school. They all seem very nice. The training was all week and put my brain into overload. Teachers aren't used to sitting and listening all day long. We like to be up, moving, talking, and at the center of attention every once in a while!

2. I stopped by the Sunshine House and dropped off the truckload of paperwork that is required for Eli and Caedyn to start daycare. I asked my lingering questions and once again felt reassured that I was making a great decision for daycare. They said to bring Caedyn in Friday to let her see her classroom, meet her teachers and classmates, and play for a little while. When I asked how Eli would spend his day, they said he would be on the floor playing, they would sing and read to him and spoil him by holding him. In Caedyn's class they will sing and dance, play outside, and do arts and crafts. In both of their classes they will do sign language. I am really glad about that. Caedyn says please almost exclusively as a sign, and she only says sorry verbally about half of the time, but she almost always signs it. I want to make sure someone will understand her, and it sounds like they will.

3. Eli started eating Barley cereal somewhat regularly. He's not sure about what to do with it, but he will open his mouth. It takes him a little while to figure out that he has to swallow. It is really funny! I think it is so cool to watch a baby learn to eat.


4. On Wednesday and Thursday Caedyn and Eli stayed with my cousin Lisa in her home daycare while I was at my training. Caedyn slept on a nap mat both days with minimal crying. I am really happy about that because that is another thing that will be different at daycare next week. (Yes, they are starting August 4!) At her last daycare she was in the infant room and slept in a crib.

5. Thursday night we got to see our friends, Michael and Kelly! We haven't seen them since June last year when Michael was ordained as a Lutheran pastor. They have just finished their first year at their first church - in Tennessee! We are so lucky that they came through town on their way home from the beach! Check out Kelly's blog entry and pictures!
6. On the way to my mom's this week, I noticed a patch of sunflowers. Well, I guess it is more like a farm of sunflowers. I wanted to get the kids' picture with them because they were so pretty! So Saturday on the way to the park, we pulled over and got some good shots!
7. We went to the park yesterday, and Caedyn had a blast! She loves to swing and will stand in our backyard looking at the neighbor's yard saying, "Swing, swing, swing...." So we had to take her to the park so she could swing! (We are currently taking up a "love to swing" offering in honor of Caedyn and Eli because swing sets are outrageous!) She got to swing, slide, run, hang on the monkey bars, crawl, splash, and dunk her head in the water. We all had fun. Even Eli dipped his feet in the water. Be sure to check out the video of Caedyn playing in the water. It is funny!


8. Today we packed the minivan for a road trip for Sydney's 3rd birthday. Rhonda (Mimi), my mom (Ci Ci), Amy, and Taylor joined me Caedyn and Eli for the hour and a half trip. It was definitely worth it. Caedyn played hard! She jumped and ran and chased balloons. Sydney's birthday was at a great location. Her daycare has a separate building for the after school program, so they rented that building and it had and indoor climber/slide, tables and open spaces for a small inflatable jumpy and plenty of room to run. Caedyn was asleep before we were back on the interstate! I also got to drive through the Winthrop campus, which I love!
9. This is the last week of summer for me and my kids, so I am a little sad. I have a ton of work to do in my classroom to get unpacked and ready for kids. I also have a lot to plan and think through to be ready to teach kids. I am sad this summer is over. Even though I know Caedyn loves "school," it will be hard to get used to leaving her at daycare again. As for Eli, I hope he is as easy-going as Caedyn always has been about new places. I guess we will see! But hey, I still have a week left to go to the library, tumblebus, and bookmobile!

10. Okay, I have saved the best for last! All of you ladies need to find a group of girls for a girls night out and go see Mamma Mia! I went to see it last Saturday night with Amy and Lisa, and we had a ball. That movie is a hoot from beginning to end. Don't take any guys because they would hate it and you would have to worry about them hating it the whole time! It is the best Girls Night Out I have had in a LONG time. If you need a good laugh, go see Mamma Mia. You will want to see it again - I promise!

1 comment:

The Burleys said...

Starting a new daycare is hard. We'll have to do it in a few weeks, too! As long as Mommy's mind is at ease though, I'm sure you have made a great decision! Miss you!