Thursday, July 3, 2008

Productive Day!

Today has been pretty productive. Caedyn and I had waffles for breakfast, and she matched me two for two! Of course she got syrup all in her hair, so her hair was sticking straight up! Check out this picture!

Last night I got a bedrail for Caedyn, and I finally found a shower curtain that I like for the kids’ bathroom. So this morning Caedyn and I put up the shower curtain while we waited on Eli to wake up. I wanted to bathe her so she wouldn’t smell like syrup, but I knew with my luck I would get her in the tub and he would wake up. She took a dry bath while I put the curtain up. Here is a video of her doing her new trick. She makes this weird face and then shakes all over – it is so funny. She does it when she gets excited or scared/surprised.


I don’t understand why bedrails don’t come already assembled. After we got the shower curtain up, we went to Caedyn’s room. It was pretty funny. I put Eli in Caedyn’s crib so he could watch us. Caedyn unloaded her books and her stuffed animals while I dressed her bed with a plastic mattress cover, quilted mattress pad and fitted sheet. Then I opened the bedrail box and poles landed on my foot – OUCH! I have an egg on my foot now. We spent a good hour getting her bed ready. Then it was time for her nap and Eli’s bottle. She went right down in her big girl bed. She slept until there was a big crash from the bathroom. The Frog Pod fell. Here is a picture of her when she woke up. Too cute!

Well after lunch, Caedyn had to take a bath. While she was playing I got the brilliant idea of bathing Eli in the tub with her. I don’t know exactly what I was thinking other than that Eli could really use a bath too. He is sitting pretty well with support, but not so well in a big tub. He wanted to kick and his hiney was sliding everywhere. Then Caedyn spotted his boy parts and wanted to poke him. So Eli got in the tub, but not really bathed. So much for that idea! Maybe we will try again in a couple of months.

After dressing Eli, I chased Caedyn around so she could try on different outfits for her pictures. I think I finally have her two outfits picked out. I have one for Eli, and I need to pick one more. So, all in all I think I have had a pretty productive day!

No comments: