1. I can't believe that I am actually able to post this! My user account on our computer hasn't allowed me onto any secure sites in the last week. I have a sneaky suspicion that we have some spy ware, but maybe I finally got it off! Don't worry, you can't "catch it" just by visiting my page!
2. Last weekend was great. Nothing spectacular going on in Southern Pines, NC but it was fun to get away. The wedding was beautiful. Our pastor's daughter got married to another pastor's son! He seems like a great guy, and I am sure they will be very happy together! The only pictures I took were of Megan dancing with her dad, our Pastor Tommy. Too sweet!

3. Gary and I celebrated our 7th anniversary Monday. He surprised me by having his parents show up to babysit after swimming lessons so that we could go to Bonefish (love it!). He also brought home beautiful roses!

4. Eli is laughing. He loves to be talked to. I started singing “Head, shoulders, knees and toes” with him, and he and Caedyn just laugh!
5. Caedyn and Eli LOVE each other so much. It makes my heart melt to see them smile at each other and love on each other.

6. Caedyn has learned some of her colors, and so now when she sees traffic lights she says “red” or “green.” She is too smart!
7. The kids have had opposite nap schedules this week, so I feel like I have been run ragged! I need a break. I salute all stay-at-home moms! This week has felt so long!
8. Monday I met the other 8th grade math teacher that I will be working with this year. I am really enjoying meeting the teachers at my new school in smaller setting. I don’t think I will feel as overwhelmed on the first day since I will have met several teachers over the summer. Next week I will meet the other language arts teachers at a training session Monday thru Thursday.
9. Wednesday was Caedyn’s last swimming lesson – probably until next year. She did so good. I continue to be amazed! Definitely check out The Swim Lessons Company for all ages 6 months - adult! These pictures are of one of the safety skills they teach this age group. They are learning to find the side of the pool and climb out. Of course I never let go of her - another thing they really emphasize at lessons. These kids are too young to "swim" alone.


10. A couple of years ago my cousins and I would go to the pool and float around for hours at my aunt Kay’s house. Today my cousins (and sister) and I went and brought all of our kids (8 – with 6 under two) and we were all in and out of the pool and house trying to keep kids fed, safe, and happy. Wow, how quickly things change! (Sorry, I was too busy to take any pictures!)
1 comment:
Alright Melissa, yours and Amy's blogs have become my soap opera and you have left me hangin now for a couple of days. After our outting to the Momma Mia the other night, I couldn't wait to read the blog and you have yet to blog. This is like the Friday suspense that leaves you hangin all weekend. Hope to see the next episode from the Days of you Life.
Post a Comment