Thursday, July 31, 2008

Random

1. Yesterday I thought of 3 things that I needed to get from Wal-Mart. Now I can only think of 1 of those things - a crochet hook to start some Christmas presents. (I haven't unpacked my old ones yet, or if I have I can't find them.) I have added toilet paper and some yummy trail mix that Lisa let me taste to my list, but those weren't on the list from yesterday.

2. My friend Amanda has an adorable 7 month old, Ethan. Check out her blog, The Cassidys, on the right. Click here to see her family's adorable beach pictures. They are so photogenic! I LOVE these pictures, and thought you all should check them out!

3. My hair is still falling out! It started at the end of June, and people have told me that this is normal after pregnancy, but I am tired of it! Eli is 4 and a half months old, so how long will this last?

4. Eli rolled over a couple of times, but I think only one really counts. (The other time he was propped on a pillow, so he had some leverage.) The night that I went to see Mamma Mia (July 19), he rolled over from his front to his back, and he wasn't happy. He sure is trying really hard though! He has everything over except his shoulders when he tries to roll from his back to his front.

5. My cousin Lisa and I have planned a Scrappin' Slumber Party at my Nana's house, and I am so excited! Nana travels a lot, so her house is available for us to stay up all night and spread out the scrapbook supplies! I can't wait!!!

6. I may never get my garage unpacked and cleaned out because every time I get a minute, I am cleaning what is already unpacked and in the house.

7. Gary and I were talking about the "good ole days" last night. I loved middle school and high school, but I have no desire to go back to that like some people say they do. I don't keep in touch with anyone from high school except to read Erica and Tommy's blog, The Sweatman Family. I know I have changed a lot since then, so I assume everyone else has too. We graduated with close to 600 in our class, but I never run into anyone. That is weird because I still live in the area. In fact, I am within a short walking distance of the school. We didn't even have a 10 year reunion that I know of. That is weird too!

8. Eli has his first runny nose and congestion. He is so funny because when I wipe his nose he holds his breath and goes cross-eyed from watching his nose and the tissue. He is SO cute!

9. Eli hold toys now. He puts everything in his mouth, but we would rather it be toys than his hands. He loves to chew on his knuckles! Could he be teething?

10. Okay so yesterday Caedyn wasn't listening to me, so I said "Caedyn, do you need to go to your room?" She of course said yes! Then she got up and went to her room and pretended to cry until she brought on the real tears. I only let her sit in there for a minute, but it was HILARIOUS! Usually when we put her in time out we sit her somewhere or put her in her crib. So last night when Gary got home, she was doing something else - or not listening - or something. Anyway I said, "Caedyn, go to your room." She did! And did the whole pretend and real crying thing. Gary and I were cracking up! He was shocked that she actually went in there as was I! I swear she acts like she is 4!

11. That reminds me. I had taught Caedyn to tell people she is "One!" when they ask how old she is. Well, last week at my mom's she was acting 4 again and I said, "Caedyn, how old are you?" She said, "Two!" I have no idea where she got that from! She keeps us rolling! This is a video of her at the park dipping her head in the water. I posted a similar video on another post, but the beginning of this one is her telling us she is "Two!"

1 comment:

Tommy, Erica, Addie Kate, and Andrew said...

That cracked me up about Caedyn! They are always too big for their britches!

OK, we did have a high school reunion! It was last summer, I was huge pregnant, but I still had to help plan it. It wasn't anything spectacular, let me tell ya, and it was EXPENSIVE - it cost $90 to go I think. I'm hoping the 20 year is better. I'm going to do what I can to make it better that's for sure. But again, I'm like you, I don't necessarily need to see or talk to those people!

And lastly (this is the longest comment in history I'm sure!), yes, that is Ashleigh E. from LCY. She just got married last weekend - in Lutheridge - you now how she loved that place! She's been in Arizona. Went to Wake Forest, the got a Masters from the Seminary in Cola., then another Masters in Arizona, which is where she met her husband. She's doing well. It was good to catch up with her.

OK, I'm glad to see y'all are doing well! I'm busy sobbing over going back to school, and trying to set up my classroom (I changed schools too) while still trying to enjoy every minute of my summer with Addie. It's tough!

Take care!