Sunday, June 29, 2008

This Weekend

This weekend I had another wedding! A friend that I have taught with the past two years, Katie, got married. She had a beautiful wedding, and I got to see some teachers I haven't seen in a couple of weeks. Gary spent the afternoon with the kids while I enjoyed adult interaction.

Today, we went to church at Kelly's church. Caedyn and I went to VBS there this past week, so we went to check out the church service. It was great, and people were really nice! Several teachers from my now former school go there, so it always makes it easier to visit when you know people. We will probably go back!
This is Caedyn, Lauren, and Dominic standing outside the "Jumpy" at VBS. They had more fun running back and forth than actually jumping.


This is Caedyn standing in front of the kids who were singing at VBS on the last night. She was dancing and doing her own motions to the songs. You can see Dominic stepping out to start doing his own show too!


After church we met Gary's parents and Granny and Paw Paw at Ruby Tuesdays. I don't know why we even try taking both kids out to eat! Caedyn can't sit still that long, and Eli was so tired! Caedyn did have fun playing with Paw Paw. She loves him to death, and I think he revels in her adoration!

This afternoon the kids and I got a good long nap, and then we went to Fun Zone for an Adoptive Families Group outing. It was so much fun! Caedyn jumped and slid and played hard. I had to take her on all of the inflatables because she is too little to go by herself, so she wore me out! It was a lot of fun!

Caedyn and I had fun on the obstacle courses and slides. Eli was such a sport watching everything from his stroller view. Gary was the photographer!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey sounds like yall had a busy weekend (this past weekend). Adam and I were at Ruby Tuesdays Sunday as well. How did we miss each other? Funzone looked like alot of fun. I can't wait for Taylor to get alittle older and we can take the kids. I'll see yall this week for our swim party.