Saturday, August 16, 2008

I'm BACK!

Well, we now have a new computer and wireless internet installed with all our files and programs running! Gary is on the new computer and I am on my laptop from work, so I still can't add any pictures until I get on that computer, but I am back to blogging! I have missed you all so!

Well, this week has been a bit of a whirlwind! I have been back at work unofficially since last Monday, and officially since this Wednesday. Wednesday and Thursday were great. I can't tell you how friendly the faculty and staff at my new school are. They all seem really sincere in asking me if I need anything. They use my first name and introduce themselves by their first names. That may seem like a strange statement, but at my old school we were only known by our last names. It was like we were in a stinky locker room or something! (And you know that MY last name is not the most flattering thing to be called!) I miss my old school, but there are only a few people left there that made that school the school I knew and loved. It isn't the same at all. I really feel like I am supposed to be where I am. I feel very much at home. So anyway, when Friday hit I started getting anxious. I am teaching Pre-Algebra, Algebra One, and Language Arts this year. The math is fine, I know I can teach that well, and we have done some good planning for the overall scope and sequence in math. I have NOTHING ready for ELA. I don't have a clue what I am going to do, say, teach, anything! I am not used to using a text book, but I think I will be using it as a major crutch until I get some serious guidance. I have taught ELA before, but I knew the school library and the teachers shared a lot. I don't know what books are available, or commonly used, or ANYTHING! Whatever!

Caedyn is doing much better at daycare! It is like night and day! She cried Monday thru Thursday for less than 20 seconds. By the time I put her bag up, she had stopped. Friday there were no tears at all! She is much happier and so am I! Eli still loves his teachers too!

Eli is a roller! Did I already post that? Well, he can roll like a champ! He isn't using it as a method of transportation yet, but he is rolling back and forth from back to belly and then back to his back or visa versa. He does it now like it is nothing! It is so much fun to watch the changes that babies go through in the first year!

Eli also eats! He loves his food. He has now added peas to his menu. We were at my mom's last night, and she didn't have cereal. So I gave him peas. He ate a whole stage two container! The only difference between stage one and stage two is the size of the container. No surprise that my big boy is going straight for the big bowl! It was funny that he didn't act like it was any big deal that he was eating something with a bit of flavor instead of formula or cereal. I don't think we will ever have any problems getting him to eat!

Caedyn is now talking in complete sentences. This started about the beginning of the month. We were at Gary's parent's house and Caedyn said, "I see boat!" Sure enough there was a boat driving by. Since then she tells us everything that she sees. "I see pond!", "I see mycycle!" (motorcycle) She also says things like, "Daddy, where are you?" "I dropped it." "You hold it." "I want cookie." And much more. It is strange that in just a couple of weeks, she has learned to say everything in sentences. I love it when she says, "Thank you mommy!" or "I yuv you!" She started saying I love you last Wednesday on the phone to my dad, and then to my mom when we left. Since then she says it to all of us. She had tried to say it before, but now we can understand her, so she says it all the time. I wish I would have had a list of words that she can say, but now she can say anything. All we have to do is tell her a new word once, and she uses it after that. If she doesn't know something she will point to it and say, "Dat!" until we tell her what it is. She definetly has a yearning for learning. Her teachers can't believe that she knows her friends names and so many of her letters and colors. I know I am bragging, but she is a smart girl!

One last note: Caedyn loves motorcycles! She can spot them and hear them and wants to ride them. "I wan ride mycycle!" Her daddy is none too happy!

No comments: