Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Daddy's Treasure Box: December 2010

For Christmas the kids painted a treasure box for Gary. Now he has a place for all the treasures that the kids find and make for him.

I stressed over the best way to do this project, but it ended up being managable. I bought the washable paints from Crayola and put the colors in a mini muffin tin. (The only time I have actually used that thing!) I put water in some of the compartments and then pulled out several paint brushes. I would give them a clean brush when they were ready to switch colors. Then all I had to do was wash out the brushes as they painted.

To protect the house I put a vinyl table cloth on the kitchen floor and then put the bench for our kitchen table on the middle of the table cloth. I covered the bench with a plastic table cloth and then set everything up on the bench. It was a perfect height for the munchkins. They were so proud of their treasure box, and they did a great job keeping the secret!









No comments: