I found a mermaid online and used my SMART board at school to project it and trace it. Then I spent a whole night coloring it. I love it. We played Pin the Tail on the Mermaid, so I had to color two tails!
This silver Christmas tree is Caedyn's tree in her room, but since her first birthday, we have always had ornaments as favors at her party and hung them on this tree. This year I bought several mini tea sets from Dollar General, tied ribbon around the handles of the cups, and glued the saucers to the cups. They were cute, but you can't see them in the picture very well. I also attempted a seashell garland from the shells we collected at the beach at Thanksgiving, but it didn't look so great. It is on the tree though. The seashells were my attempt to bring in the mermaid aspect.
This was the boys' pirate table. It was no different from the girls' table except that it had different colored balloons. We used toule (sp?) and lights for the center of the tables and scattered significant items like pictures and tea sets up and down the tables and as the centerpieces.

No comments:
Post a Comment