Monday, August 6, 2007

Oh Poop!

Okay, so I took Caedyn to the doctor this morning and then had to return a sports coat for Gary. After the doctor's appointment I fed Caedyn a bottle, and she went right to sleep. I stopped by Chic-Fil-A, drove to Hamricks and sat in the parking lot talking to Elizabeth, Lisa, Gary, Momma, and Amy while Caedyn slept. Since she didn't get a morning nap, I had decided to let her sleep.

Finally Caedyn woke up. I was talking to Lisa as I got Caedyn out of her seat. Then PLOP! Poop hit my leg, and my shoe, and the van running board, AND it was on my fingers! Eeeewww! So gross! I didn't know what to do. I knew that I had to clean everything up, but where to start?! First I got off the phone with Lisa and decided to put Caedyn back in the car seat while I cleaned myself up so that I didn't continue to spread poop everywhere. Of course Caedyn is oblivious to what is going on. I must also tell you that it is 100 degrees outside. I lay out the changing pad, diaper, wipes, and a onesie in the back of the van. So I am ready for the child! Now I am expecting the worst because normally Caedyn rolls and wiggles all through her diaper changes. We have to man-handle her to keep her from rolling off her changing table.

I pick Caedyn up from under the arms and carry her that way to the back of the van. Yeah, I am getting some looks from other shoppers at this point. Fortunately she lets me clean her up without any wiggles! At this point we are both red-faced and sweating as we head into the store to make the return.

WHEW!! What an adventure!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey, I was wondering how everything came out. Haha. Glad to see your experiencing some of the wonderful times in motherhood. It is good to share them with someone who can feel the pain. Becky was telling me that she spent an hour and a half at the grocery store letting Emma take her grocery cart and push it. Just remember these will be the memories we will laugh at and use as torture with their future husbands.