Monday, August 13, 2007

Daycare Time

So summer break is ending. It is time to head back to school which means that Caedyn will start daycare for the first time. I am really excited about this because she is an active little girl, and loves children. I think Caedyn will thrive in daycare.

It seems that others are not as excited about this daycare thing. Gary worries about anyone keeping his little girl, so I can expect his concern. But when I tell other people that Caedyn is starting daycare this week, they are like, "Awww no, that is so sad!" What is that about? If you know my child at all, you know that she will love playing and crawling around with all those other little children!

So I will let you all know how it goes. Wednesday is her first day. I am excited because I am truly exhausted and ready to go back to work for a break! Stay-at-home parents need to be awarded medals of honor!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a working Christian mom friend of Heather B. Working is a joy when you know your babies are in good hands. I have alot of great blogs that I read about being a working mom!!! Beleive me....we are the ones that need awards...my son is 3 and the daily juggle is sometimes unbeleivable! Good Luck back at work...keep us posted. Praying for a good transition for both mommy and baby she is sweet!

The Burleys said...

Don't you just love the whole network of blogging people? It's cool to get a comment from someone you don't even know. Anyway ... on to the point. Even though there are days I would give anything to be able to stay home with Cam, I also realize the early gains she has made from being around other children who are older at daycare ... she already uses sentences, she's working on potty training ... so many things. Daycare can be a positive thing. And, you're like me - we need to be able to work for our sanity!! Good luck going back this week. I start Thursday.

Anonymous said...

You were right, you did set it up for anonymous comments. I just didn't choose the right identity. But I finally followed my own most important piece of advice to my students: "read the directions". Hurray! And mega-huge hurrays about your other news, too! I was TOTALLY gonna call you last night to chat, then I felt kind of blargy and went to sleep instead thinking to myself, oh I can call her tomorrow. I forgot you are back at school. Well, I'll call you tonight. I heard Caedyn is feeling under the weather today and couldn't go for her first day at daycare yet. Hopefully tomorrow will be her day. I'm excited for her and for you! Another school year begins!

Dara