Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tuesday Tidbits

I have been wanting to blog about something, so I thought I would post some random tidbits. Sorry, I can't be brief!

1. I took the kids INSIDE Old MacDonald's for the first time today after Music and Movement at the library. I knew that Caedyn would spot the Play Place, and she did but fortunately not until we were just about done eating. Eli played on the bottom level and Caedyn climbed. I heard, "Mommy! Mommy!" I couldn't see her so I let her just play on. She didn't sound distressed. Then she came down to play with Eli - until she peed everywhere! Yep! My girl! We get that cleaned up and head to the bathroom. Apparently she was calling me to tell me she had to potty. Then when I couldn't see her for a couple of minutes she was pooping. Then came down to pee with me and Eli! Fun!

2. Vacation Bible School was last week and Caedyn had a ball! She thought she owned the church and ran around with the big kids all week. She wouldn't let me take her to her class even. " I go myself Mommy!" Eli had fun too. He stayed in the nursery, but when Caedyn's class went to Music and Games, they stopped by for the nursery kids.

3. Eli has mastered pooping in the tub! Caedyn freaks out like a pro! I don't know where she gets that from! The funniest recent story of this is from St. Augustine. We had gotton in from the beach and put the kids right into the tub. Gary was washing the kids while I was hunting towels and fresh clothes. I went to give Gary washcloths for the kids and said, "Gary, what's Eli got?" Eli was standing up (first sign of what is coming), paci in his mouth (THANK GOD!) and a poop ball in his hand! Gary freaked! I think Gary freaking is funnier than Caedyn freaking! He is seriously freaking, and Caedyn is just a drama queen!

4. Caedyn can say her "L"s now. It is kinda sad! No more E-I! It is EEE-Lie-EE! She is very articulate as she learns her new sound.

5. Dara, Gary's sister, has moved to Louisiana to start her new job! It was quite a week last week with one thing and then another as she made her way down there and got settled in. One thing that happened is that the moving truck that was pulling her car got struck by lightning. Well, I guess Caedyn has heard us talking about Dara's car getting hit by lightning all week at VBS and with Gary's parents on the phone. (As of now I still don't really know if it is running.) Well, Sunday night as I was trying to put Caedyn to bed, she started asking who hit Dara's car. She was really worried about someone being mean and hitting Dara's car. I had to explain the best I could about lightning - which she is oblivious to. I just told her is was a storm with "under" (thunder) that messed her car up. She came up with all kinds of explanations of how that happened. I just let her go! Whatever!

6. On a sad note, I think next week will be my last week without school. I will have to start going in the first week in August to get my new classroom ready. (I am teaching 7th grade this year instead of 8th.) I have NEVER dreaded going back like I am this year. It just seems like the summers are getting shorter and shorter.

7. My consignment sale is coming up the first weekend in August! I can't wait. It is always in August and March. I am considering volunteering this year to get a pre-sale pass. We'll see!

8. Facebook has allowed me to reconnect with some friends from elementary school. We are actually going to meet for lunch one Saturday in August! Thanks Trina for nailing something down for us!

9. August is going to be busy! I also get to host my KWH girls one Saturday! We were RA's together in college, and I still consider them some of my best-est friends!

10. Eli should be talking by now, I know. Dr. Mac said that he should have 10 words. He does have that, but Caedyn knew many of her ABC's by 16 months. Caedyn just set the bar too high! Eli calls all animals doggies or duckies, he calls all of us "daydee" which I think is Caedyn - not Daddy! He can say Mommy, but won't. His favorite person is Caedyn, so he calls us all some version of her name. He says CUP clearly and usually very commandingly! His paci he calls "dat" most of the time, but I have heard him say something closer to paci. He just does NOT enunciate at all. Everything sounds the same, and it all usually begins with a "d" sound. I am definitely seeing speech in his future! Of course being the 2nd child, I haven't done the sign language with him and he is the child I should have been doing it with. I guess it isn't too late to start!

11. Caedyn announced to us on Saturday, "I don't like dinosaurs and boogers!" She told me on Friday that she wanted a green birthday party, so Gary said, "That's too bad, we were going to have both at your birthday party!" She said, "Huh?"

12. Eli is obsessed with things that move, which is typical boy if you have read any of the brain research. (I only have because I have taught single-gender classes.) So I am thinking that he is going to have a truck birthday party. (Not like red neck trucks though!) I like to start thinking about these things way in advance so that I can figure out all of the details. I have to figure out sursies and cake ideas and those are hard. I like to be original, so I have to put a lot of thought into all of this. Any help is welcomed! Elizabeth start brainstorming "green" for Caedyn's cake and "trucks" for Eli's cake.

13. Speaking of birthday parties, I wonder how long I can keep away the "characters?" I am glad that my kids can't sit still enough to watch TV just because I don't want them attached to any character stuff. With that said, Caedyn likes Dora, but she will not watch the show. I guess she knows Dora from school and the other kids. They don't watch TV or even have a TV at school. Who knows! They both love Elmo. Eli calls him "Muh." But that is because Grandma and P-Pop got Caedyn Elmo LIVE for her birthday last year.

14. It is getting to be birthday season around here. We have Sydney, Ava Grace, Garrett, Taylor, Adyson, and have to go back and pick back up Blake! I love thinking of gifts for these little ones! And the kids love the parties! I am glad we live close enough to be able to go to most of these parties. Family is so important to us!

Well, Eli is starting to stir, so I better go for now. I will be back before too long. I just remembered some pictures I need to post - HAY!

2 comments:

margaret said...

ITS HARD NOT TO COMPARE ONE CHILD TO ANOTHER BUT EACH ONE IS DIFFERENT AND PROGRESSES AT DIFFERENT SPEEDS. ELI WILL DO FINE BUT I THINK IF HE HAD HIS PASI LESS HE WOULD BE TRYING TO TALK MORE ITS HARD TO TALK WHEN YOU
HAVE SOMETHING IN YOUR MOUTH
LOVE ALL, NANA

Kevin Boozer said...

I just learned from making Funfetti cake for Grandma's birthday that you can make green icing (or any color) by mixing koolaid in white icing. We did not try it out, but the pictures on the box looked cool.

This may be too late for Caedyn's cake, but maybe you could do it with cupcakes or something.