Thursday, July 2, 2009

Blog Break

Well, I am packing for our beach trip! I am SO excited! This is our first family-of-four vacation. We have been away for the weekend a couple of times, but not a whole week! So we have A LOT to pack. I am trying to be a good girl scout and "Be Prepared," but I am also trying not to take things that are absolutely unnecessary. It is becoming hard to determine which is which sometimes. I have talked to many people with children and they all said to pack in boxes, crates, or tubs rather than luggage and bags. I like this idea. It should be easier to stack in the back of the van. So we have a crate for the kids' clothes, a diaper crate, beach toys tub, toy/book basket, towel tub, ... Yeah, it is a lot! We are going with Gary's parents, Dara, Bernie, and Cassidy. It will be interesting to see how all nine of us survive one another for 7 days. We have never been together that long. Hey I don't think my family of four has been together for 7 days straight! Whew!

I really am very excited; however, I'm nervous about the ride down. Most people recommended driving through the night so that the kids could just sleep, so we are giving that a go. It is a six hour drive and I am worried about how the kids are going to hold up. We are planning to leave early morning/middle of the night so that they will (hopefully) sleep most of the way down. The problem is that check-in isn't until 4:00. So we have to find something entertaining for the kids until then and figure out how to do an afternoon nap.

Well, I am taking my laptop and camera cord, so hopefully I will be able to get some vacation pics up while we are there. Okay, I am done with my little blog break and need to get back to packing!

TTFN!

2 comments:

The Burleys said...

Good luck and hope y'all have fun! We have friends from Anderson who travel during the night, too, and it works for them. We are going to Disney World in 2 weeks, and I am VERY apprehensive about that ride with a 3 year old!

Tommy, Erica, Addie Kate, and Andrew said...

A few things - #1- Where in the world are you going that is 6 hours away? Holy Cow! #2 - When you figure out what to pack, what is necessary and not, LET ME KNOW!!! I'm doing the same - and we are also packing in laundry baskets, etc. And #3 - I laughed out loud when you said you were being a good girl scout! Ha! Those were the days! Have fun!