Wednesday, July 8, 2009:
On Wednesday the crew had a slow start, and then the shower broke in one of the bathrooms which slowed everyone else down. Caedyn and Eli were beginning to go stir crazy, so I convinced the Garys to take them swimming. I was one of the few who had actually already showered, so I wasn't up for going in. The four of them swam for about 45 minutes and had a blast! Eli drove his red car to the pool and was content just to sit and watch for a little while!

Once everyone had showered, woken from their naps and eaten lunch, I went to get the kids and Garys from the pool so we could hit The Fountain of Youth. I think this was the best attraction we visited! Eli chased the peacocks, Caedyn fed them, and we got some great candid and posed photos.













We left The Fountain of Youth famished! We went to Santa Maria to celebrate Dara's birthday. It is a neat restaurant on the water. There are little doors to the water where you can drop bread and feed the HUGE fish! Very cool place!
Thursday, July 9, 2009:
Thursday was Dara, Bernie, and Cassidy's last day, so all nine of us hit the beach mid-morning. They stayed and played for a little while and then had to leave. We stayed a little longer to play, snack, and then the kids fell asleep. They had a ball. The beach is really cool because you can drive on it and even park on the beach.



Friday, July 10, 2009:
We had the timeshare until Saturday at 10:00, but we decided to leave Friday after taking the kids to swim in the pool one last time. Eli was so tired after swimming and being up late the night before, he fell asleep as I changed him. That has NEVER happened! The kids did great on the way back. Each of them slept about 2 hours, and we drove straight through only stopping for gas and caffeine once. The last hour was the hardest because we were all ready to get out of the car. We had a great vacation! Thanks Grandma and P-Pop for sharing your vacation with us! 




3 comments:
Looked like a fun trip. I wanna go to St. Augustine, now
Kay, we wanna go too. Let's plan a trip.
i know you all had a wonderful trip, and the grandparents espically, being with the grandchildren. building memories
love nana and pa allen
Post a Comment