Monday, April 21, 2008

Eli is here - 6 weeks old today!



Eli at 5 1/2 weeks.






Eli at 2 weeks






Easter: Eli at 2 weeks






Dr. Stallard holding Eli on his BIRTH day!




Eli: bathed and ready for the world





Caedyn checking out baby brother Eli

Hello world! Eli Samuel made his debut on March 10, 2008 at 6:17 pm. He was 8 lbs 10 oz and 21 inches long. He is a cutie! He started off with blonde hair, but now it looks like he has a receding hairline and his hair is red.

Let me remind you that I delivered at 37 weeks, so Mr. Eli was 3 weeks early and THAT big! I praise the Lord that my doctors decided to induce earlier rather than later. I think I could have died if he had been any bigger.

Speaking of which - delivering a baby is terrible! I am personally mad at all of you mothers who keep the peril of delivery to yourselves. I plan to tell all the future mothers I know how hard it really is. And YES, I did have an epidural! The labor part was fine! I had a doula and was induced starting at 6:00 am. I didn't need any meds until I was 6 cm, and then they gave me the epidural. That was fine until I started feeling terrible pains on my right side with every contraction. The last 45 minutes of pushing was torture! And then when Eli was finally here, I was so exhausted I wasn't even sure I could lift my arms to hold him. I have decided that I will never again visit a mother in the hospital on the day she gave birth. Who knew that there was so much healing even after you get home! Let's just say I was not prepared at all for the pain during or after birth. That is why I am mad at all you other mothers for not telling your secret!

No comments: