Monday, April 21, 2008

Caedyn

Caedyn likes to pat Eli on the head.




Spring Break: It was hilarious to watch Caedyn push Eli around the yard. Of course I steered while she walked under me.





Easter: It was wierd at first to have two car seats in the van.




She loved picking strawberries this year!
Caedyn uses her "gassies" to keep out the sun, bugs, or just to be cute. She wears them upside down all the time!

Most people have been asking how Caedyn has adjusted to being a big sister. That was our biggest concern about having another baby was how she would handle it, and she has done really well! It didn't help that we also moved into a new house away from her Cici and Popsey, but we really underestimated how resilient she is.

She has had some trouble sleeping through the night, but that had started at my mom and dad's before Eli was born. We thought we had that back under control except the past two nights she's been up crying for 30 minutes or more! I guess we will deal with those episodes for many years. Then we will have sleepless nights because she will be driving and dating - uugh!

She is trying to potty train herself. She says, "pee pee" randomly. She has pee pee-ed in the the potty several times. The first time was March 16. She had been saying pee pee over and over so I put her on the little potty and she actually went. We clapped and cheered and walked all over the house to tell Daddy, Cici, and Popsey. Caedyn's favorite place to talk about pee pee is in the bathtub. In fact twice she has pooped in the tub after talking so much about pee pee. That is SO disgusting!! Now I won't give her a bath until after she has pooped in her diaper. She did actually poop and pee in the potty on April 10! That was exciting too! I say that she is potty training herself because she initiates when it is potty time. Not me. It is really hard being mother of two, so I can't imagine trying to potty train her right now. I guess that will be a job for this summer, which is just around the corner.

We think Caedyn likes our house. This past weekend we were on the go, so last night as we were on the way home, Caedyn says, "owm! owm!" I figured out she was saying "home." I asked her if she wanted to go home and she nodded eagerly! That was a bittersweet moment! A good sign that she now thinks of this as home, but a sign that we need to stay home next weekend!

No comments: