Amy is pushing Caedyn, and I am maneuvering the HUGE double stroller with Eli and Taylor. Wow! A day out for the girls sure has changed in the last year and a half!Being mother of two is SO HARD! Caedyn is at the age where she requires attention 24/7. She never was really overly attached to my hip like some small children are with their mothers, but since Eli has been here she has really become a mommy's girl. It is very sweet and flattering, but it is also quite tiresome!
You know how you watch the news at night and hear of some parent who let their child get into something they shouldn't have. We all say to ourselves, "Why did you let your kid do that? Can't you keep an eye on your kids?" Yeah, well I used to say those things. Now I am afraid I will be that parent. As I am feeding or changing Eli, I try to keep Caedyn in sight. That is not always so easy, so when she is out of my sight, I have her talk to me. I figure at least that way I can hear that she isn't sticking anything in her mouth! Parents always know to worry when it gets too quiet.
One day last week, I was in the bathroom getting ready. Caedyn was with me brushing her teeth when Eli started fussing. I went to his room to plug in the pacifier before he started screaming (away for like 15 seconds). When I came back Caedyn was standing with her toothbrush in one hand and the cat litter scoop in the other hand. GROSS!
Accompanying the mother-of-two transition, I started having gallbladder attacks two weeks ago. Back in November I went to the hospital because of some pains in my side. They did an ultrasound of my right side and found gallstones. I never had any problems until after Eli was born. I had four attacks within 5 days. They immediately scheduled surgery. So this Wednesday I am having my gallbladder removed! I am glad that it is coming out because the attacks are gruesome, but I am worried about how I am going to perform those motherly tasks like carrying Caedyn on one hip while fixing dinner and hauling kids and their stuff to the van.
So I guess I will use this "Melissa" post to announce that I have a new job for next school year. I love the district and school that I currently teach in, but I am driving over an hour each way to get Caedyn to daycare and me to school. Gary is doing that drive now while I am out on maternity and gallbladder leave, and he is filling up the van 3 times a week. We figured before Christmas our gas bill was about $700/month. We decided that it would be worth me looking into a teaching job closer to home.
I went to the job fair and had a great interview in the large local school district I live in. I had two other interviews and several phone calls and emails from other administrators in the same district. Everyone seemed interested in hiring me, but they were all waiting on district budget approval.
I had Eli on March 10, and on March 13 as I was highly medicated and sleeping I got a phone call from a small, nearby district requesting an interview. My dad had been telling me to contact this district about a job because it would be close and similar to my current district, but I never called anyone. I scheduled an interview with them for April 4.
On March 21 I found out that my former principal had accepted the principal position at the school I was interviewing at. She had received a phone call from the district office letting her know that they were interviewing one of her former teachers. Well, on April 4 I had my interview and they offered me a job. I accepted the job the next week! It is amazing how the Lord works! I never could have imagined that I would be working in another small rural district for my former principal. I am very excited and nervous! Change is good, but it is also hard!
You know how you watch the news at night and hear of some parent who let their child get into something they shouldn't have. We all say to ourselves, "Why did you let your kid do that? Can't you keep an eye on your kids?" Yeah, well I used to say those things. Now I am afraid I will be that parent. As I am feeding or changing Eli, I try to keep Caedyn in sight. That is not always so easy, so when she is out of my sight, I have her talk to me. I figure at least that way I can hear that she isn't sticking anything in her mouth! Parents always know to worry when it gets too quiet.
One day last week, I was in the bathroom getting ready. Caedyn was with me brushing her teeth when Eli started fussing. I went to his room to plug in the pacifier before he started screaming (away for like 15 seconds). When I came back Caedyn was standing with her toothbrush in one hand and the cat litter scoop in the other hand. GROSS!
Accompanying the mother-of-two transition, I started having gallbladder attacks two weeks ago. Back in November I went to the hospital because of some pains in my side. They did an ultrasound of my right side and found gallstones. I never had any problems until after Eli was born. I had four attacks within 5 days. They immediately scheduled surgery. So this Wednesday I am having my gallbladder removed! I am glad that it is coming out because the attacks are gruesome, but I am worried about how I am going to perform those motherly tasks like carrying Caedyn on one hip while fixing dinner and hauling kids and their stuff to the van.
So I guess I will use this "Melissa" post to announce that I have a new job for next school year. I love the district and school that I currently teach in, but I am driving over an hour each way to get Caedyn to daycare and me to school. Gary is doing that drive now while I am out on maternity and gallbladder leave, and he is filling up the van 3 times a week. We figured before Christmas our gas bill was about $700/month. We decided that it would be worth me looking into a teaching job closer to home.
I went to the job fair and had a great interview in the large local school district I live in. I had two other interviews and several phone calls and emails from other administrators in the same district. Everyone seemed interested in hiring me, but they were all waiting on district budget approval.
I had Eli on March 10, and on March 13 as I was highly medicated and sleeping I got a phone call from a small, nearby district requesting an interview. My dad had been telling me to contact this district about a job because it would be close and similar to my current district, but I never called anyone. I scheduled an interview with them for April 4.
On March 21 I found out that my former principal had accepted the principal position at the school I was interviewing at. She had received a phone call from the district office letting her know that they were interviewing one of her former teachers. Well, on April 4 I had my interview and they offered me a job. I accepted the job the next week! It is amazing how the Lord works! I never could have imagined that I would be working in another small rural district for my former principal. I am very excited and nervous! Change is good, but it is also hard!
No comments:
Post a Comment