This week's tip is a simple one and one that I may have mentioned before. Since I had Eli when Caedyn was just 15 months old, I have had to find ways for her to be more independent than other kids her age without siblings. One item that worked wonders for me in the loading and hauling of kiddos was a stool! I bought a stool and put it in the van in front of her car seat. Then she was able to get in the same door I was putting Eli into, climb across to her seat and get into her car seat all by herself. It didn't take long after that for her to learn how to buckle herself up too! Another great help! Now both kids have stools and load themselves into their seats. I still have to buckle Eli up, but he is the baby! He knows how to milk it too! The other thing I added to the van was a small trashcan. I have one that fits perfectly between the center console and dash. I empty it once a week when I get gas. I can't imagine not having that trash can in there!
Your turn! This week I want to know your solution for Tupperware, Rubbermaid, Glad and Ziploc containers! These plastic wares are necessary to our everyday living, but there is no good way to store them! If you have unlocked the secret, it is your duty to share with us all! Or if you have landed upon a "Do NOT," please inform us of that as well!
Happy Tuesday!
5 comments:
I think keeping Rubbermaid neat in your cabinets is hard no matter what! The only thing I can say is that we bought the kind where the lids snap together about a year ago simply b/c we were looking for a way to keep them neater in our cabinets. We keep the lids snapped together and keep the containers stacked in each other.
I think another way to keep things neat is to clean out! A lot of us have 500 containers, and you really don't need that many. Think about the pieces you use on a regular basis and get rid of some of the others that you don't really use.
I agree with Heather, there is no good way to organize tupperware. But I have two cardboard boxes... one for lids and one for the bowls. Both are usually overflowing but it keeps the chaos alittle more organized... sometimes.
I am enjoying reading your Tuesday Tips, but since I am so incredibly disorganized, don't have much to offer.
Keith's mom uses a permanent marker to write corresponding numbers on the matching top and bottom of each thing so that she doesn't have to try on 10 different tops to see if they fit.
I can see another book coming, kind of like Dear Heloise(Goodhousekeeping magazine. Very useful information, even for someone who thought she was pretty organized.
Melissa,
I keep one of those bins we have used in classrooms. This is where all of my tupperware goes. I stack the containers together and stick the lids in the back. I would love to have a way to know which lids go with which. That's my problem. I seem to lose lids. Kind of like losing socks.
Elizabeth
Post a Comment