Friday, February 4, 2011

Brain Dump

I am awake when I really should be asleep. I can't seem to get to bed, so I am going to perform a brain dump (dumping the contents of my brain - not poo!) so that I can hit the sack.

1. Tonight was our last session of Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. WOW! This 13 session course has changed our family forever. I am so happy and we truly have financial peace now. We are not debt free, but hope to be in 18 months (shooting for a year from now!)

2. I want to share some of what we have learned from FPU and our family's financial journey, but I am not sure how to do it. I may do a "Finance Friday" blog series like my "Tuesday's Tips."

3. Thanks for the comments left on my TIPS this week!

4. Caedyn starts soccer next week. I am really excited about this. I hope she enjoys it as much as I expect to!

5. Back when I was pregnant Gary and I visited a popular Methodist church near us that my sister's family actually ended up joining sometime later. When we visited that first time I was 9 months pregnant with the hormones to boot and did not enjoy it at all. Well, in the recent weeks different things have happened to make me think that God is telling us to visit again. We weren't even really looking for a church. Our kids love our current church, but sometimes you have to give it to God. I should probably talk to Gary about this to see what he thinks! :)

6. I am going to try to start a blog for my students. I am excited about this, but I have no idea if my kids will enjoy it! I am using kidblog.org since it is very secure! I wish I could let you all watch us as we learn together, but for my students' security it is private.

7. Today they said it was sleeting/snowing around town. PLEASE come quick Spring! I need you! Not summer! SPRING!

8. I am gradually getting my house re-organized. I have to do my/our closet and the medicine cabinet, and then I will be ready to move to the garage! The garage will take lots of blood, sweat, and tears, but we are ready for it to be conquered! Now the problem is that our weekends are getting filled too quickly!

9. One of my favorite things in the world is my brown micro-fleece blanket. I got in from Wal-Mart in Asheville 2 years ago on my 30th birthday! I LOVE it! I wrap it all the way around me on cold nights like these!

10. I hear people talk about other occupations that they would like to have. I can't think of one I would want to switch to. One of the FPU Lessons was about careers. The question was posed, "If you didn't have to worry about money, what would you do?" I would be involved with kids and their education. If I wasn't teaching, I would like to work with high poverty students who lack the support systems that other kids have. That is teaching. I love my career. I can't imagine NOT teaching. I pray that my own children will find their own callings in life.

11. Eli has had no accidents so far this week. Three weeks ago I could have said the same thing. He has been out of diapers (except at bedtime) since November, but he had a rough week last week. It seems that bribing him with gum has greatly impacted him! I am hoping that just typing this doesn't set him up for an accident tomorrow.

12. I definitely learned from potty training Caedyn that the Pull-Ups were a BIG mistake for us. Kids love those things. She could have been in undies 6 months earlier and saved us some big bucks had I realized that. I actually knew it from reading, but was afraid of the messes that accidents make. Pull-Ups make the clean up very easy. However, we all know that we have to do what is best not what is easiest! Yep, Eli was potty trained very easily once I decided I was done with diapers. I just put the big boy undies on and he went potty. Of course he had accidents, but not too many! (He also had been pottying at bath time and bedtime prior to November and any other time he asked, we let him go!)

13. I love planning my kids' birthday parties! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Maybe that is what I could do if I decide not to teach! I could be a party planner and personal shopper! I am great at planning parties and finding deals! Hmmm....

14. I have been really touched by the posts about Joanne! Please click on the "Praying for Joanne" button at the top of my sidebar to follow her story. I am excited everyday that prayers seem to be answered for this family. I am scared to death at the reality of Joanne's stroke. She is SO young! I am thankful for all I have been blessed with. I pray that every minute I am here on earth I will glorify the Lord. I hope I can teach my children about God's endless love, how to be compassionate and confident, and to reach for the stars!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love following classroom blogs one of my favorites right now is http://teachertomsblog.blogspot.com/. I completely understand about the pullups, if I wasn't lazy right now we'd be doing cloth diapers so he could feel that he was wet. For us I'm not sure Isaac gets the concept of underwear. I hate planning birthday parties, I'd love for you to plan Isaac's Next party.