Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Blah, Blah, Blog!

I have been pretty blah on my blog posts so far in 2009! I apologize, but I can tell you that I have only 3 more days with students and 4 more days total to work this school year. I have never looked forward to summer more than I have this school year. I have been looking forward to summer since September! I actually get a summer this year too! I have only signed up for one Professional Development this year, PBIS Year Two Training. So except for those 3 days, I will be enjoying my SUMMER!

(What is a synonym for summer?)

So this is still pretty blah, but these are my SUMMER plans:

1. Keep kids in daycare 3 days a week. I have three reasons for this. First, I just CANNOT keep my sanity and my kids home 24/7. This way I have them to myself two days a week and I can share them with Gary two days a week. That gives me 3 days to shop, clean, sleep, do whatever I want! I haven't been able to do those things since before Caedyn was born, summer 2006. So I am SO excited about that whole "whatever I want" part. (I know I am selfish, but that is why I waited so long to have kids - because I knew I was selfish!) Secondly, most of the things I would do with my kids if they were home, the school is bringing in to do with the kids anyway. I hope to be able to volunteer and visit so that I can still get to experience the fun stuff with my kids. (I know that is selfish too!) Third, it was hard for Caedyn and me to go back to school. She adjusts to change VERY well, but after being at home with me and Eli ALL summer, she really struggled - which made me very uneasy! Now I know that Eli is at the same age she was, and he would have the same problem this year (and Caedyn too!) So three days a week at daycare is what I have decided would be best for all of us. (That last reason is not selfish. It is for my kids!)

2. The Swim Lessons Company does the BEST swim lessons. They are not the cheapest, but once you try them you realize that it doesn't matter. We are bargain people, but even Gary said that he wants us to use The Swim Lessons Company again. We are going to do a session for each of the kids and possibly two sessions for Caedyn. I am so excited about this! It is so much fun to see how much they learn!

3. Library Time: Our local library does programs for the different age groups each year. Both of the kids loved this last year, so I can't wait to start this back. Eli has gotton where he brings us books and climbs up on our laps. It is so cute! Of course Caedyn has always loved books. I can't wait to take them both to the library for Music and Movement and to check out books!

4. Caedyn will continue the Fun Bus at school, and we will continue gymnastics in the afternoon once a week. We weren't going to continue gymnastics since the Fun Bus was coming to school, but she really has learned so much. I like the place where she goes because they don't compete or anything. They just have fun while learning the basics of gymnastics!

5. We are actually taking a real vacation this year. I honestly can't remember the last time we went on a summer vacation. Gary's parents have a time share so they moved it from their normal location to a beach. We are all going for a week, so I am thrilled. We didn't get to take the kids to the beach last summer because Eli was still so young. Caedyn loved it in December when we went, and now Eli can walk. It's going to be great!

6. I am finally having a Thirty-One Party (June 13) and a Pampered Chef (June 29) party at my house! You are invited!

7. I hope to get my house organized with my 3 days a week. I have a running to-do list that I am mentally prioritizing. I am actually looking forward to some sanity regarding the house!

8. My goal is to learn couponing and menu planning this summer. I might even cook every once in a while. I think this all comes with that organization thing!

9. I am going to get Caedyn and Eli to the dentist for the first time. I am still unsure where to take them in the area. I've only heard about one pediatric dentist, and I have gotton mixed reviews.

10. I am NOT doing anything in my classroom until the last minute possible. It is really funny how priorities change when you have kids! (By the way, I am teaching 7th grade next year instead of 8th, so I have to move classrooms! But I am already almost packed. I just need to find some more boxes!)

11. Finally, I am hoping to blog and post plenty of pictures like I did last summer. I loved blogging almost every day. It was therapeutic for me. One of my favorite things is to sit down on the computer and read up on everyone's blog, so I have felt pretty guilty that I have not kept up with mine too well recently. Don't worry - this is my last week at school!

I have never counted down before, and I never really liked to hear teachers count down, but I have 4 more days. And I am counting!!

2 comments:

The Burleys said...

Don't feel guilty for sending them to daycare during the summer! I have sent Camryn on an abbreviated schedule in the summer ever since she was born. She LOVES her school, learns things, enjoys being around the other kids, and needs the consistency ... so it is good for her! Plus, I am like you - I could not keep my sanity and be home with her 24/7. I looked into programs at the library, too, but of course the only day they offer something for a three year old is Monday ... and that is one of the days she will actually be a daycare during the summer! I'm disappointed! Too bad we aren't in the same town - we could schedule some playdates!

Anonymous said...

Hey, if you remember...being with your kids 24/7 last year wasn't so bad when you had no obligations to do anything but have fun with them. I know that when I was able to go for the summers, that I LOVED the memories I was making with my kids. But I too know the importance of having a little me time. Enjoy whatever you do during the summer and hopefully I will be able to join you on some of the Excursions along the way.