School's Out Forever! oh, no it isn't - not for me at least, but that is such a fun song!
So, Day Three of my summer is here. I have the kids in daycare all week this week in hopes of getting the house really nice and clean to start my summer off. Something that hasn't been done in quite a while.
Well, Monday I did nothing having to do with cleaning. I finished reading a book, 'puted, and actually took a nap. I had a nice Summer Day One.
So, yesterday I had to accomplish something.
1. I called the insurance company to change my primary health care provider. That didn't work, so Gary had to call his "people." But it is done.
2. I scheduled a doctor's appointment for next Monday.
3. I scheduled Eli's 15 month well visit.
4. I scheduled dentist appointments for both kids.
5. I scheduled hair appointments for Caedyn and myself.
6. I got both kids enrolled in swim lessons!
7. I cleaned the kids' bathroom, and spilled a whole bottle of Awesome on the floor. So the floor is really clean now!
8. I dusted and re-organized the kids' rooms.
9. I took Caedyn to gymnastics, Salsaritas ( a new-to-me, but fabulous Moe's-like eatery!), and Target. I was looking for the reuseable swim diapers required for swim lessons and found them, but they were one-size too small for each of the kids. I knew it was time to go when my child was on the ground screaming like I had beat her. You know you have seen this before and thought, "What on earth did that mother do to her child?" Well nothing - I did nothing, but it was an hour after bed time and she had pooped in her Pull-Up! By the way, why is it when you tell your child, "Don't touch anything in the bathroom, they swing on the handicap bar next to the toilet and then try to do a handstand with her hands right on the nasty tile? Those darn gymnastics!
Today, I was going to get the den and kitchen in ship-shape condition, but I had to try to find swim diapers. So, off to the OTHER Target. They don't carry them at all. Babies R Us came to the rescue with much cuter styles than they had last year, and they were cheaper than the ones I bought last night that were too small. I had to go back to Target to take back the too-small swim diapers, and then I was home by noon. Seriously! It took that long - of course I took my time perusing the isles of other "things."
Now I am blogging as a method of procrastination. I guess I will get busy in the den and try to tackle the kitchen tonight.
Sorry for the over-use and mis-use of the hyphen. I am just hyphen-happy today!
1 comment:
I noticed that you cleaned their rooms first. Isn't that always where cleaning starts and ends??
Post a Comment