Well, I had high aspirations for Thanksgiving Break, but then Caedyn got sick, Eli got sick, and I got sick! Even with the kids sick I tried to remain positive and focused on the task at hand. Get the Christmas tree up and decorate the house - some. Well, the tree is up, lights are on it, and Caedyn has put up about 20 ornaments. That's all. (I was sick!) When four people stay locked up in a small house for five days together, it's not good. The house became quite a mess, and did I mention that I didn't get the tree up? Bummed doesn't quite describe it. I am really jealous of all of you who found the time to get your decorations up.
So we are all well today and will hopefully remain well because we have Caedyn's Big Big Bus Birthday Party Saturday. I have no idea if any kids are joining her on the Tumblebus yet, but she is excited about her birthday! She said tonight, "My burday comin' up!" Such a smart girl!
I guess we will get the ornaments on the tree sometime this week. (We have A LOT!) We don't really have too much decorating to do at this house because we have less surfaces to set things on. Now that the tv is on the wall we don't have an entertainment center so we aren't putting the village up at all. I will put the nativity and some snowmen things out, but it won't be like it was at our old house before we had kids!! I am hoping to get the tree up and take pictures of the kids this week to do our Christmas cards. If you don't get a photo card this year you know that didn't work out!
3 comments:
Hey, Hannah and Blake will be joining you on the Big Big Bus. Good luck with decorating the house.
Hey Melissa, I'm glad to see that you are all feeling better! I just wanted to let you know that Ava Grace should be at Caedyn's party tomorrow. I think my mom is going to bring her. I'm sorry that I didn't get back with you sooner. She didn't really get over her sickness until the middle of this week. I'm sure it'll be lots of fun!!
Kristin
JOYED THE PICTURES AND UPDATE AND THE LITTLE ELVES. HOPE ALL STAY WELL FOR CHRISTMAS. LOVE NANA AND PA ALLENEN
Post a Comment