Monday, December 29, 2008

Procrastination Post

Well, it hasn't quite been a full week since I have posted, but boy has a LOT happened! Christmas Eve Gary and I spent 4.5 hours at the doctor's office and pharmacy. We both had strep! Antibiotics and a little rest did us well for Christmas Day. We were pretty fatigued, but were able to enjoy the day. I will post details and pics from Christmas Day later. Then Friday, we felt well enough to pack at the last minute and go down to the Isle of Palms with Gary's sister, nephew, and parents. Friday was a good day, but Saturday I was sick in bed ALL DAY with a stomach virus - Yuck! I missed Caedyn's first coherent encounter with the beach and ocean, but Gary took plenty of pictures and videos for me. Gary twisted his ankle sometime Friday while we were packing up, and walking on the beach sand Saturday just about did him in. Sunday I was feeling better, but still not ready to eat. I went out on the beach with the crew while Gary packed the van up to come home. We came back home to a house wrecked with Christmas. So, today I am cleaning up the wreckage and trying to figure out where to put all the great BIG toys that Caeydn got! This is my last resort of procrastination before tackling the mess! I want to post pictures badly, but I am going to use that as my reward for getting my chores done. I know - I am such a child! I need to bribe myself! I am praying we all stay well this week. If that happens, it will be the first week since Thanksgiving! Yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your background, and that pic of Eli is the cutest ever. Hope you ALL get well soon. It's almost a new year. No old germs in a perfectly new year, please.
CiCi

Anonymous said...

Eli looks like he's spying on Santa - cute picture!