I have SO much to do! I was really productive yesterday. I used Amy and Adam's nifty carpet cleaner to clean the carpet in the den yesterday morning. Then I hit the stores for the last minute gifts. There is a Wal-Mart nearby in the small town that I work in, and that wasn't so bad. But then I left small-town bliss and hit Target! It was a chore just to maneuver the wide main isles much less the small shopping isles! But, I am now DONE SHOPPING!
Last night we went to Grandma and G/P - Pop's house for the 2nd of our Christmas celebrations. The kids had a great time, but they were up until 10:00! Yikes! I warned daycare this morning.
Daycare: LOVE IT! I am one of those mom's who has a day off and sends her kids to daycare. I don't feel guilty in the least, but I do wonder what they say about me at the daycare. I got SO MUCH done yesterday, but today I am wasting some time. It doesn't help that now I have a sore throat. I must brag on my kids though! The teachers at daycare love my children. Yesterday when we were leaving, the teachers in Caedyn and Eli's classes fussed over both of them when we left, and then another teacher saw us leaving and came out into the hall to tell the kids goodbye! Being a teacher myself, I KNOW teachers don't make a fuss over all the kids. This morning when I delivered the Christmas gifts to daycare, Ms. LeAnne said that there are just some kids who she connects with and she has connected with both of mine. Too Sweet! I also try to be an easy parent to deal with. Once again, that teacher experience of mine helps me know how to react to my own kids' school issues. I don't overreact when Caedyn gets a boo-boo report, and I let Eli's teachers try him out on different foods and schedules. He is now on regular table food thanks to daycare, and he LOVES it! Our cousin, Sabrina said that she had Garrett pretty much off baby food and bottles by 9 - 10 months because he was just too hungry. I think that describes our Eli. He loves that he eats what Caedyn and the rest of us eat. Caedyn was off the bottle completely by 11 months thanks to a well-timed stomach virus last year. I would love to have Eli off the bottle in the next couple of months! Grocery shopping is expensive with diapers for two and formula!
Okay so moving on from daycare, let me explain the multiple elves below. Caedyn LOVES them! She comes over to the computer and says, "I won see Caed-E-I dance!" Her favorite is the country one, but I didn't upload that one. I am sure I will find time to do that. She doesn't like the winter/snow one at all. She shouts, "NO!" The first time she saw it, we watched about 6 times, and then she tried to climb on the desk saying, "I won go dere!" I felt so bad. She didn't understand how she could be dancing but not be there or remember it.
Christmas cards - Hmmm. Well the only good pictures I have are on my mom's camera and on Gary's parents' camera. Gary's parents live in the boonies, and can't get internet. Momma and Daddy's internet is down. So I think we will be doing Christmas photo thank-you cards and maybe mail out something next week for the new year. The photo at the top is when we went to see Santa at Biltmore in November. Caedyn wouldn't sit with Santa, so I had to hold her. With enough forethought, we would have gotton Gary to sit with us.
Not sure when I will be back to the blog, but TTFN! Let the festivities begin!
1 comment:
THANKS FOR THE UPDATE ON YOUR DOINGS. I ENJOY SEEING WHAT IS GOING ON IN YOUR FAMILY LIFE. SOUNDS BUSY. WE ENJOYED BEING WITH THE FAMILY AND ALL OF THE BABIES AT OUR CHRISTMAS GATHERINGS HOW CAN WE BE SO BLESSED WITH SO MANY WONDERFUL CHILDREN. LOVE TO ALL NANA
Post a Comment