Caedyn is officially liberated from the pacifier! She hasn't had it at all since last Friday at daycare. Today we actually talked about it and she told Lisa that she was a big girl. She is so funny with Eli and his paci. She will take it and play with him by taking it from him and giving it back, making silly noises. We used to do that with her, but that was when she was younger. I don't know how she remembers these things. Kids grow exponentially at this age. She is doing and saying new things daily. This week she wants to know where the moon is - day or night. It is hard to explain that it comes out in the day and goes away at night because some mornings she will look up and find it in broad daylight and say, "Moon!" Today on the way to school, she couldn't see the moon while in the van, so she pointed at the sky and said, "Clouds Mama!" I was like WHAT?! Where does she learn this stuff!
So we have no paci! The next battle is saying bye bye to the crib. Do I leave it up and in the room while she gets used to the bed? Hmmm.
3 comments:
Last week when Popsey took Caedyn on a wagon ride, she found the moon and showed it to him. He was pretty surprised that she was so observant.
About the crib. When we took you out of the crib as a toddler and put you in a big bed, we put your crib away (in the attic). In the middle of the next day, I called your daddy at work and told him to come home and get the crib out of the attic right then. You had been crying non-stop for hours. It was pretty sad. I don't remember how we made the transition after that, but I'd leave the crib up for a while.
Momma/CiCi
Yep... leave up the crib. Then, you have options. I will say that letting Ava Grace sleep in her bed at night was easier than letting her take a nap in it at first. She couldn't see much around her, so she didn't get up.
I hope you're doing well! I wish we could've seen you guys this weekend but didn't think you wanted our germs (and we can't find gas anywhere up here).
Melissa come back! I want to read about my Caedyn and Eli! ;)
Post a Comment