Monday, September 15, 2008

21 Months Old!

Caedyn was 21 months on the 12th, Friday! I am not sure that I can think of 21 things, but I am going to list some of her accomplishments so far in her 21 month life.

1. She knows her letters. She knows all of them, but some much better than others. She likes to argue with us over X and K! Now she does it on purpose because she thinks it is funny.

2. She knows most of her colors. I am not sure she knows red and brown, but she knows the other basic colors. I think her favorites are orange, purple, pink, and blue.

3. She knows the family units in our family pretty well. She knows that Lisa, Danny, Hannah, Blake, and Adyson go together. Amy, Adam, and Taylor go together. Dara, Bernie, and Cass go together, etc.

4. I have sung Amazing Grace to Caedyn her whole life, but now that she can talk she requests "Ava Grace" by name. She will sit in the rocking chair with her babies and sing "Ava Grace" to them. (For those who don't know Ava Grace is my cousin Kristin's daughter who is 4 months older than Caedyn.)

5. Caedyn's imagination is in full swing! She re-enacts scenes from daycare (nap time, fussing at her friends, playing, ...), plays with Ava Grace in the tub (AG lives in Rock Hill!), talks to her baby dolls and puts them to bed in Eli's pack and play, and so much more. It is hilarious because this imaginative play has just begun in the last couple of weeks. She is learning more and more to play with toys and entertain herself. She has always been more interested in the phone and remote than her toys.

6. Caedyn can sing and do the motions to lots of songs! Itsy Bitsy Spider, Wheels on the Bus, Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes, If you are Happy and You Know It, Where is Thumbkin, Clap Your Hands, Pee Pee in the Potty, Diaper Diaper Diaper Doo! Okay so those last two are songs that I made up, but she can sing those too! I am a crazy lune with my kids, so everything becomes a song. Caedyn has picked up this insanity and sings about everything. She picks a familiar tune and makes up words about whatever she is doing!

7. Caedyn spontaneously says "I YUV YOU!" The first time I heard her say I love you out of the blue was last Sunday. She sees Cassidy and says, " I yuv you Cass!" It was so sweet. Tonight she made a kissing noise (like an air kiss) toward Gary as he walked by. Once again, unprompted - the best!

8. Caedyn can reach the water on the fridge and "helps" make Eli's bottles. She is actually pretty good when the water doesn't run down her arm and soak her.

9. She has also learned to "help" do things at counter level in the kitchen by pulling up the chair and standing with me. It is really cute!

10. The last two Sundays Caedyn went up and sat at the children's sermon. I sat with her, but hey she SAT! My child doesn't sit for long for any reason!

11. Caedyn can understand anything we say now. She can (I didn't say she does, but she CAN) follow directions and we can bargain with her. She also knows when she is in trouble. Sometimes she does something and then says, "woom!" That means she knows that she has to go to her room for time out.

12. Caedyn makes up her own prayers at night. She prays for the "big big bus" (Tumblebus) every night, but also adds different people from school, family, her toy basket, anywhere!

Well, I think that is it. Quite a lot for my little girl! She will be two in 3 months! We have her party planned and on the calendar for December 6th. We have booked the "Big Big Bus," so we are excited! Her wish list for her birthday and Christmas include one thing, a swing set. We are collecting money to put up a swing set in the backyard. This past weekend, she begged to swing all day Saturday. Then Sunday after church we took her to a park and it didn't even have swings. (What kind of park it that?) Good thing that Garrett has a swing set at his house. She got to swing at his birthday party! It makes me so sad when she asks to swing. That and the Tumblebus would keep her happy for hours!

2 comments:

Christina said...

time no see! Sounds like they are getting big! Elizabeth is too. Haven't updated her blog. I miss you! Remarkably, don't miss SMS so much. I LOVE High school!

Keith, Kristin, Ava Grace, and Will said...

Awww.. it's nice to know that she thinks about Ava Grace. We really need to get them together sometime! Caedyn is such a smart girl! I can't believe she knows her colors and letters. Her mom must be a teacher!