1. Daycare called me at school at 3:50 Monday afternoon to tell me that Caedyn had been laying in the sand outside on the playground and was running a fever.
2. I decided that Eli wasn't going to get his paci back after school on Monday. He cried on the way home from school, and he whined some while during the evening and when I was putting him to bed. Otherwise, we have been successful, and he has barely even asked for it.
3. Caedyn didn't seem too hot when I picked her up, so I got the kids in and settled in for the night. About 45 minutes after we got home I took her temp - 104.5!
4. Eli pee-peed and poopied in the potty on Monday afternoon and wore his big boy pants for the first time. He LOVES them!
5. On Tuesday Gary took Caedyn to the doctor. They tested her for mono, flu, strep, and a UTI. All results were negative. Her white blood cell count was up which could indicate virus or bacterial infection.
6. Tuesday afternoon Gary calls me at 4:15. Caedyn's temp was 104.9. At 5:15 the thermometer read 105.8. He put her in a lukewarm bath and it came down to 103.5. The doctor told us to monitor her temp frequently with more than one thermometer. We had been using a temporal one we got for Christmas that I love. Gary always thought it ran high - let's hope so.
7. Eli stayed with my mom and dad on Tuesday night because I really thought that we would be heading to the hospital.
8. Gary took Caedyn back to the doctor Wednesday morning. FINALLY! An ear infection shows up! We are ecstatic to have a reason for the fever! Gary's mom stayed with Caedyn the rest of the day.
9. Eli was back home with us Wednesday night! He asked to use the potty again and went successfully. Then 30 minutes later he peed on the floor. Oh well! He does love his big boy pants though! (And no mention of the paci!)
10. So last night, Wednesday, we thought Caedyn was feeling much better. However by bedtime her temp was back up to 103.5. So I am home this morning. I have to do the final observation of my student teacher, so Gary is coming home to stay with Caedybug this afternoon.
11. This morning Eli asked for his paci and whined a little, but I was able to distract him pretty well!
Tomorrow is Friday! Whew! It has been a LONG week! Hopefully when it is done we will have conquered the paci and fever and be well on our way to a potty training plan! (Still not sure if I am ready for that!)
3 comments:
Bless your heart! It is SO not fun when your babies are sick. Hope she is feeling better soon and that fever stays down! Good job, Eli, on the potty :) Potty-training is one thing I am NOT looking foward to doing again.
I hope Caedyn feels better soon!
hope caedyn is much better and can go to school tomorrow. i am proud of eli with his potty training and giving up pacie. he is getting to be such a big boy. i llok at their picture at the church and i can almost hear them talkin to each other.have a good a restful weekend,
love nana
Post a Comment