On Thursday as I am observing my student teacher for the final time, the phone in the classroom rings. Eli has thrown up at daycare. So much for working a half day! Gary is home with Caedyn and doesn't have the car seat to get Eli - it is in the van!
Eli went back to school on Friday, he never puked again and played well the rest of the day Thursday. We were going to send Caedyn back on Friday too, but her fever was back to 101 at bedtime. So she stayed at CiCi's house (my mom and dad's).
Saturday morning Caedyn's temp was at 100. We went to pick strawberries with CiCi, Popsey, Taylor, Kendall, and Amy. Caedyn and Eli had each picked a bucket of strawberries and Caedyn used the porta-potty successfully by the time the rest of the crew got there, but we helped CiCi and Popsey fill up their buckets. We got some great pics that I plan to post later.
After strawberry picking we headed to Shealy's for lunch. All 4 kids did really well, but we left quite the mess. Eli's favorites were the tomatoes and pickles. Caedyn liked the corn and green beans. Taylor loved the ice cream, and Kendall ate ham and green beans.
We left Shealy's and I took the kids up to Gary's parents house. They fell asleep on the way and then slept until like 4:30! We tired those young 'ns out! When they woke up we took a nice boat ride. Eli LOVED it. He walked all over the boat and kept calling it E-I's boat. He and Caedyn likes waving to the other boaters too. Eli would get offended if they didn't wave back - too funny! Caedyn used to be like that when people in public wouldn't speak to her. Caedyn was acting like she didn't feel good. She laid on the boat seat for a lot of the ride. When we got back to the house, we had Grandma's spaghetti - yum! Caedyn was literally sweating, so Gary turned on the air. However, we think that Caedyn's fever was breaking. She hasn't had a temp since. Gary ended up going home while the kids and I spent the night at Grandma and P-Pops. (I just couldn't drive back last night - I was tired, and we had driven up separately.)
Well, the sick story continues. The kids went to church with Grandma and P-Pop for Children's Choir and Sunday School and I went home to shower and get ready. Eli threw up on the way to church. Yep! He was eating grapes on the way to church. I guess he gagged. He doesn't like to chew no matter how big or small the pieces are he is eating. He acts fine, so we are assuming he is well. After church we ate lunch and played at Aunt Brenda and Uncle Tony's. The kids always have a blast there. We all woke up from our nap at about 6:00, and are gearing up for a week of wellness!
2 comments:
I'm exhausted just reading all y'alls goins ons. Hope Caedyn, Eli, and the rest of you get all better.
I hope your family is feeling better. I love the new layout. I made the texture effect on blog using Photoshop. If you want more detailed instructions just let me know.
Post a Comment