Friday night momma and I went to the church and set up for the party while it rained buckets outside. I am glad we could go the night before because it took FOREVER to set up. Elizabeth even helped out when she dropped off the cake. I was feeling pretty puny due to a sinus infection, but we got everything just how I wanted it. Thanks to mom, my far-fetched ideas came to life. She made Eli Excursion tickets and signs at each station just as I imagined them - even better actually! She also did the invitations and made bags and tags. I will have much more on the party later. I have already promised some people that I would post pictures of each station with instructions, so I haven't forgotton - PROMISE!
So the real news was Saturday morning. Caedyn and Eli were finishing their breakfast when Eli grabbed his diaper and said, "I pee pee in potty!" I asked him if he needed to go potty and he said, "Yes, hum - on Momma." He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the bathroom. Sure enough he had a dry diaper and he pee pee-ed in the potty! I was SHOCKED! The director at his daycare asked me if I wanted him to start going to the potty with the other 4-5 that were starting to potty train. I was like, "Sure, why not!" He has been going every day at bathtime, but that is it. He doesn't even really like it, but we turn him around so he can hold on to the back and he does much better. The little potty doesn't get much action, but that is the one he used Saturday morning because Caedyn had the big potty occupied. We haven't jumped on the potty train or anything, but I am pretty excited that it was all E's idea! (The teacher part of me knows that student-guided learning is the quickest way to mastery!)
Along the same lines, Eli has a new word. Sunday we were eating dinner and Eli pooted. We usually just ignore that, but E looked up at Gary and said, "I pot." It was so funny! I keep asking Eli, "Did you pot?" Eli answers, "I no pot, Daydee (or Daddy or Mommy) pot." (Daydee = Caedyn) Gary doesn't like this conversation, and I know it isn't nice either - but it is so funny to hear him say "pot!"
1 comment:
That was one of the cutest birthday ideas I have seen. Leave it to you and your mom. At least with Eli saying "pot", you won't be embarrassed in public when he yells it out.
Post a Comment