I know it has been a LONG time since I have blogged, but I have been ooohhh so busy! Nothing really out of the normal, just life in general. I know I still haven't posted Christmas pics or pics from Isle of Palms, but I will just pick up from here and fill in the gaps as I have time.
So, Caedyn is saying the funniest things these days.
1. At night we read a book, and then turn out the light to say our prayers while I rock her. Around Christmas time I got up to turn off her Christmas tree after we were done reading, and she said, "I hold your shoulder." I didn't understand at first, but then I realized what she had said. When I rock her, she puts her head on my shoulder and one arm around my neck. I thought that was so sweet! She is so cute!
2. I know that Caedyn is two and we probably shouldn't be rocking her still, but it is such a special time for us. As we say our prayers Caedyn has to ask about everyone and where they are. (They are all going to bed too, of course!) We end our nighttime prayers singing "God Our Father" (which is also our mealtime blessing but the message works for both!) Last night I was praying for us to "have a good day tomorrow," and Caedyn said, "go to church?" I don't know how she knew that it was church day. She is so smart!
3. So Eli has an ear infection and has been running a fever since early Friday morning. Saturday night at 10:00 Caedyn woke up puking EVERYWHERE! We bathed her changed her bedding, brushed her teeth, and kept her up until 11:30 to make sure she didn't puke again. When we woke up this morning, one of the first things she asked about was church. I told her we couldn't go because she was sick. She was so sad, "I'n go church!" We called Grandma to tell her we weren't coming, and then she asked her if she was going to church. Tina told her that she was at church, and Caedyn said, "Me, me!" She wanted to go to church so bad! I was so sad for her! Caedyn has started going to children's choir and Sunday School on Sunday mornings before "big" church, so it has become quite a weekly event for her. She loves it.
4. Tonight when I was putting Caedyn to bed, our conversation went something like this:
Mommy: "I am going to rock you for two minutes."
Caedyn: "How 'bout 10?"
Mommy: "How about 5?"
Caedyn: "How 'bout 10?"
Mommy: "How about 1?"
Caedyn: "How 'bout 2?"
Hilarious! Need I say that she has the concept of number! I am the proud math teacher mommy! Who taught her to bargain though?
5. When Eli is fussing in the car, Caedyn tells him, "It's okay buddy. We almost at school/home." She is so sweet. When this doesn't work, she sings Old MacDonald really loudly. He likes this song because of the E-I-E-I-O part. She calls him E-I, so everyone else does too - even at daycare! I guess he thinks this song is about him. He is going to be disappointed when he is old enough to understand this song!
6. When we are at home and Eli is fussing. (He really doesn't fuss that often.) Caedyn will run into the room and say, "Hey buddy, I yight here." (I'm right here.)
7. About a month ago, I was changing Eli's diaper and he was having a fit to get off the changing table. I was doing everything I could to wrestle his diaper on, and said "Eli Samuel, this is ridiculous!" Caedyn thought that was hilarious. Now she gets a kick out of calling Eli, "E-I Samuel" when she is fussing at him. (She likes to boss him around. We are working on this one!) She has also started saying, "This is ridiculous!" That cracks us all up!
These aren't things Caedyn says, just what she is doing these days.
8. Caedyn is still singing. Now her favorites are B-I-N-G-O, Baby Bumblebee, and Head, Shoulders, Knees,and Toes.
9. A lady at church gave us some hand-me-downs including several pairs of shoes. Most of the clothes and all of the shoes are way too big, but Caedyn is psyched to have "new shoes." As I was unloading the bags, I pulled out all of the shoes, and Caedyn went wild. She put on each pair and squealed, "Yook Daddy, new shoes!" Then she had to walk through the kitchen to hear how the shoes sounded on the tile.
10. Caedyn has moved out of the booster seat at the table. We have a bench on one side of our table, and when it is time to eat, she says, " I sit on bench!" She makes a big mess, but she thinks she is so big sitting there. She also gets to drink water out of a big girl cup at night, and she is so proud of that too!
Well, that is an update on our Caedy Bug! She is getting so big so fast. I can hardly recognize her in her baby pictures. She gets prettier and more cute every day. It is so much fun being her mother and watching her learn and grow.
4 comments:
How cute! I just love toddlers! They are the best. Glad to hear everything is going well with you guys! Miss you!
The thing with the numbers/bargaining made me laugh so hard. Thank you for sharing that. It made her Aunt Dara's day. I hope they both feel all better for at least a week!
Good to hear about Caedyn. So whats Mr. Eli been up to. Updates please, I haven't seen him since Tumblebus.
I can't imagine who Caedyn got the bargaining thing from. She is her mother's child--always got to have the last word, even if it was someone else's first word, in this case. It's also so much fun and a privilege to be her/their CiCi. I still can't believe how blessed we are to have these 3--soon to be 4--children in our lives. Life is good. God is GREAT!
CiCi
Post a Comment