Kristin and Lisa have recently put lists of randomness on their blogs, so I thought I would follow suit. Into the mind of Melissa...
1. I LOVE reading people's blogs! I love that is keeps me connected to so many people!
2. I made my first purchase on Amazon tonight! I am psyched at the bargain! I can't reveal what I bought because they are favors for Eli's party!
3. Eli's party favors part two are really hard to find, but I also ordered them online tonight! Yay!
4. By the way, Eli's 1st birthday party is March 14 at my mom and dad's. I know some of you have been asking. The invitations have been ready to mail since Tuesday. Gary can't seem to remember to mail them. He has promised me that he will mail them tomorrow - Friday. If someone reads this on Friday, call him at work and remind him for me. He has been swamped this week, and at school I can never find a minute to use the phone!
5. Facebook is just a legal way to snoop and be nosey. Maybe I am the only one who is nosey, but sometimes I feel guilty snooping around other people's FB page to try and figure out what they have been up to. And why doesn't everyone post what their employment is? Are that many people unemployed? (Yes, I know the statistics!) Or does everyone work at a strip club or something embarrassing?
6. I can't stand to see college-educated people get simple grammar WRONG! I don't think they realize how ignorant it makes them look. I have seen a lot of this recently on FB and blogs! (I know I slip up sometimes too, but I am talking about the people who do it all over the page!) My biggest peeves are your/you're, there/their/they're, want/won't. This may shock some of you, but I am seeing this from TEACHERS! I guess I need to stop reading the blogs from people I don't even really know. (That is me being nosey again - reading blogs on other people's pages! But it is fun!)
7. Another pet peeve. Talking on the phone with someone while they are having a conversation with someone else with them. I seldom get to talk on the phone, so this has become frustrating to me. Some people do this frequently. I am not talking about kids in the background or hounding someone. My own kids do that. I mean a teenager or adult talking to whoever I am talking to like they aren't even on the phone. Let your 16 year old son tell you whatever is so important and call me back!
8. Why is it that some people want to know so badly if I am having more children? I don't know, ask God. It is not a topic of conversation at our house. We are very busy right now, and we don't plan on intentionally adding to that "busy"ness. God, however, has been in control of our family size for some time now, so we hand that to Him.
9. I love having a mom who is so efficient, helpful, diligent, patient, etc. She helps me with EVERYTHING! She does our invitations and labels, helps with party favors, brainstorms ideas, lets us use her house, and thinks of all the little details that make a birthday great! She does this with everything we do. I would like to think that I am like her, but I need a heaping dose of motivation and timeliness! I remember when I interviewed for my 1st teaching job they asked me who my role model was. I thought for a minute and said my mom. I kind of felt that was a childish answer, but so true! I rely on her and look to her for advice in every corner of my life. I love that I can trust her and tell her anything. I don't know anything she can't do! I love you Momma!
10. School/work seems to be going much better now. I don't know if it is the Zoloft or that I am finally adjusting to my new environment, but I am actually feeling like an effective teacher again!
11. I started taking Zoloft, and anti-depressant in January. Since summer, I have been having some low days each month. I think it was/is post-pardom (sp?) depression. It wasn't anything extremely significant, but I knew it wasn't like me to feel the way I was feeling. So I finally decided over Christmas to go to the doctor. It was the best decision I have made in a long time. I think that some people view depression as a terrible secret that would never touch them or their family members. I think I know some people that are in denial about their moods, but aren't open enough to allow a conversation - much less a doctor's appointment or medication! I just wanted to say that I have depression, and I have seen how medication has made life much more normal for me. Maybe it is post-pardom related, or maybe it is plain ole depression - I am not sure that it matters now that I feel better!
12. Eli got his first shoes Saturday, and he wears a size 5! Gary's parents took the kids (and us) and we got some adorable shoes from Stride rite. We also got family pics, Eli's 1 year pics, and Caedyn's 2 year pics done at Portrait Innovations. I will post those later! Promise. Some of you will get pics in your invitation to the party - if they ever get mailed!
13. We had a Friday the 13th in February, and there is another one is March! That week in February was terrible for our kids at the middle school. Surely the March 13th will be much better! It has to be, right?
14. It is almost midnight and everyone in my house is asleep except me. I am going to be hating myself in the morning! But what you should know is that I think every light in our house is on except the ones in the kids' rooms. Gary is actually asleep with the lights on, tucked into bed, and snoring! Not sure how that happened!
15. Caedyn has been talking about Will's birthday party for two weeks now. She is so excited that we are going to a birthday party on Saturday! Can't wait to see the family!
16. I am ending now with a disclaimer that this is too long for me to go back and re-read at this late hour, so I apologize for the spelling and grammar mistakes that I griped about much earlier! Now I see how mistakes can happen. You stay up WAY too late to be typing or making any sense!
Goodnight!
2 comments:
I say "ditto" to #6. And #9 made me cry. I feel so inadequate so much of the time. I used to have my act together--but my act keeps changing. But I'm glad to help when and where I can. Y'all know I'm here for you when you need me.
I love you. And I'm glad you're feeling better.
C
What a great post! I just love randomness. Your "confession to depression" has me thinking... And you owe me a phone call, girl!
HUGS!!!
Kelly
Post a Comment