Well, I have updated you on our immediate family, but I haven't let you know about the REST of the family! So during my 5 month sabatical from blogging a lot has happened. I am not positive on all the dates or timing, but I will give you a synopsis of everything I can remember.
Amy, my sister, and Adam had Taylor Kaine on September 26! Amy also has MTHFR, but she was also put on bedrest for preterm labor at about 23 weeks. So we were so happy to get Miss Taylor here and Amy back in the swing of normal (if parenthood can be) life. This picture of Taylor was taken last week. She is about 4 and a half months old.
Two days later, Lisa, my cousin, and Danny had thier third child, Adyson Leigh. Lisa keeps Taylor, so we are all jealous that she gets to watch the two of them grow together.
My great aunt, Aunt Peggy, died just after Thanksgiving after battling colon cancer. She had beeen cancer free for a long time, but it came back sometime last spring or summer. She was in really good spirits during her fight, and all of her family were able to be close by.
Dara, Gary's sister, and Bernie had Cassidy Jude on December 20! So our parents had no idea they would ever be grandparents last October, and by this Christmas they each have two grandchildren with one more, Eli, on the way! WOW! Gary and I are excited to have both a niece and a nephew! This is a picture of Cass about a week and a half ago. He is almost 2 months old.
My uncle, Venning, had been dealing with an irritating ear infection this fall. After getting tubes didn't help, he found out that he was actually leaking spinal fluid. So early January, he had brain surgery to repair holes in his brain. He is back to teaching his high school students and is doing well!
Two Mondays ago, Nana, my grandmother found out that she had colon cancer. This was very scarey for all of us because Aunt Peggy is her sister, and we still have her struggles fresh on our minds. Nana had surgery to remove the tumor Friday of the same week, and we found out Valentine's Day that she is cancer free!
Tina and Gary, Gary's parents, have finished building their house on the lake. They slept in their new home for the first time last night. We are so excited that they are so close now! We can't wait to visit. Caedyn loves thier screened-in porch! She has really begun to love the outdoors! Saturday while at Grandma and G-Pop's, she ate a mouthful of black dirt. We all died laughing, including Caedyn! Of course daddy (Gary) was horrified!
Kristin, my cousin, and Keith are awaiting the birth of William Joseph (Will) anytime now! She is due Saturday, February 29. Her doctor offered to induce yesterday or anytime this week, but Kristin is letting Will make the decision as to when his birthday is. I think it would be cool to have a Leap Year baby!!
Well, I think that is about it. I am sure I have forgotton some other things. As I think of them, I will post them.
No comments:
Post a Comment