1. The Lake: That is "Grandma's Lake" to the kids. We are so fortunate that Gary's parents have room for us at their house. Most weekends we spend the night at least one night and enjoy the porch, the boat, the water, the food and each other. Eli thinks every time he puts his "suit" on he is going on Eli's Boat. (He claims that boat for his own and drives it most of the time we are on the boat. Both kids love the water. Last year Eli was nervous about the water, but he has taken to it very well this year. Caedyn has been more nervous this year than in years past. However she finally let go (accidentally) last time we were swimming. (She had her life jacket on.) I just backed away from her and said, "Look! You are doing it!" She hasn't stopped talking about how she swam in Grandma's Lake all by herself!
2. Monkey Joes: When Gary was in the hospital, my friend Lynn and her husband Gregg (who my kids call Mr. Egg) took their daughter and our kids to Monkey Joes. My kids had been the year before and it was torture for me to have to push Caedyn up every single obstacle course, so we hadn't been back and I was nervous about leaving then to have to push Eli up everything. Uh, was I wrong! They had a ball and Eli kept up with the big girls. We went back with Lynn and Amelia today and it was so much fun. Eli LOVES Monkey Joes. He had been asking to go back since last month when Lynn and Gregg took him. I think he could have stayed all day!
3. The Spray Park: I had no idea this spray park existed on the other side of the dam, but there is a fabulous park that I had only been in once a year to see Christmas lights that has a spray park. It took both kids a while to warm up to it, but now Caedyn is a pro! She lets the water pour over her head. Eli however, tries to avoid the water while following his sissy. He wants to do everything she does but doesn't really like the water in his face. By the end he is wet to the core too.
4. The library: Our library offers a Summer Reading Program for kids 18 months and up where they can earn prizes for reading. I loved doing this as a kid and so do my children. We also love going to the Music and Movement classes each week. They dance, sing, read, and have lots of fun. We never know who we will see there - Hannah, Blake, Adyson, Garrett, Corbin, Laura, Taylor, and Kendall!
5. Baseball: Over the past month we have gotten a couple of bats, balls, a tee, and some little baseball gloves. Gary has thoroughly enjoyed teaching the kids to hit the ball off the tee, run the bases, and catch the ball. I could care less about baseball, but I could watch the three of them play all day long. I have really enjoyed watching them learn together.
6. Cooking: Well, I am not a cook. I would say that I don't enjoy cooking, but I am giving it another chance. I have had fun planning meals and letting the kids help me out in the kitchen. Last week, I gave Eli a safety knife and Caedyn a butter knife and they helped me saw, uh I mean cut up the squash and zucchini for supper. They thought making pancakes for supper was the greatest - especially when we put chocolate chips and blueberries in them!
1 comment:
Soumds like y'all are having lots of fun. This has been the first week we've been on our summer schedule, and we've already been to the library twice. Trying to fit some things in before the baby gets here!
Post a Comment