Friday, June 25, 2010

Eli's 2nd Birthday Party

I never did post pics from Eli's birthday party back in March, so I am trying to do that now. I used to be able to load all the pics and then move them around in the order that I wanted, but I am having a fit trying to get anything to move where I want it to go!

Here is the gist of Eli's 2nd birthay party: Things That GO!

1st everyone picked up a drawstring bag and itenerary tag. They got to decorate their name tag on the bag with car/truck stickers. Then they went to each of the stations to pick up their loot. (BIG thanks to momma for making the bags and tags! (and invitations, and signs, and directions!)

Stations were marked with road signs and traffic cones. I can't remember the cutesy names right now But this is what we did.

Ramp: We set up our roller coaster and put a basket of cars and trucks out. Kids picked out a vehicle to keep and raced it down the ramp. This was the boys' favorite station!

Books: I put down a rug from our play area at home and a basket of books. Kids picked out a book to keep and could read it right then or bag it!

Slippery when wet: We got the little pills that turn into sponges and had kids pick a few to dissolve in warm water. We brought our little table from home for this. Oh, and the sponges turned into none other than trucks and cars

Hoops: Kids picked out a ball from the pool of balls and got to shoot hoops. Eli got the bball goal for his 1st birthday. Balls aren't in the vehicle theme, but E loves balls and they roll and go too!

Tractor: Eli LOVES tractors, so we had a church friend bring his tractor for hayrides for all the kids.

We had the party at church so all the young 'ns loved playing on the playground too! Then we went inside for The Hokey Pokey, If You are Happy and You Know It, The Chicken Dance, and Happy Birthday. We had a tractor cake with our ice cream and cheese balls and called it a party.

We asked guests to bring a gift for a little boy in Caedyn's class who had just lost his home in a house fire, so no worry over opening presents. After everyone left Eli opened his gifts from us, grandparents, and Amy's family.

It was a lot of fun! See if you can tell from the random order of pics below!



















1 comment:

kay said...

Y'all are the party pros. It's always such a treat to attend your families' parties.