Sunday, January 31, 2010

Caedyn-Talk

Caedyn is growing up so fast. It is amazing that she is not a toddler at all anymore, just a little girl. Here is what she has been saying recently.

"I wanna be a princess!" Translation: I want to put my dress up clothes on, complete with earrings, bracelets, and rings.

"...just a little small, please?" Translation: She just wants a little of something. This expression started when she wanted to watch something on TV when it was time for bed.
Here is an example from this week.
Caedyn: Mommy, can I watch Wonder Pits please?
Me: No, it is time for bed.
Caedyn: Just a little small Wonder Pits?
Me: No Mam.
Caedyn: Please Mommy? Just a smidge? (Holding her index finger and thumb close together.)
Me: (Laughing!) What did you say? Who says smidge?
Caedyn: I don't know! Me!

"Don't tell Eli!" Translation: I get to do something that Eli doesn't. Mommy is to blame for this expression. I started off using this to avoid Caedyn running up to taunt Eli with some news of what she was going to get to do. Now she says it all the time. She is hilarious the way she looks you square in the face and whispers, "Don't tell Eli!" Just the other week, I told her that we were going to the beach for my birthday. She says, "And me?" I told her that we were all going. She squealed and got so excited, and then, "Don't tell Eli!" I didn't even bother!

Last Saturday we were at Chic-Fil-A playing. There were some other kids playing who were all cousins. When they left, she kept telling us that Eli was her "cousin's brother." I think one of the other girls had introduced a little boy that way, so Caedyn committed that one to memory.

3 comments:

margaret said...

SO CUTE SHE IS GROWING UP SO FAST AND DON,T MISS A TRICK. YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT THEY WILL REMEMBER SO BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY. ELI IS RIGHT BEHILD HER WATCHING AND SEEING WHAT SHE IS DOING AND SAYING. THEY ARE JUST TOO SMART AND PRECIOUS
NANA

margaret said...

SO CUTE SHE IS GROWING UP SO FAST AND DON,T MISS A TRICK. YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT THEY WILL REMEMBER SO BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY. ELI IS RIGHT BEHILD HER WATCHING AND SEEING WHAT SHE IS DOING AND SAYING. THEY ARE JUST TOO SMART AND PRECIOUS
NANA

kay said...

She's the princess and enjoys it to the fullest.