I found Eli's turtle costume for $4 at the consignment sale in August. I thought is was really cute. After I got it home and washed it, both kids loved wearing around the house. It is too small for Caedyn, but that didn't stop her one bit.
I tried real hard to figure out what Caedyn could be for Halloween that would coordinate with Eli's turtle costume. I came up with a bunny rabbit (tortoise and hare), and she thought that was a great idea. Well there are no 4T bunny costumes to be found and to Gary's dismay I was not going to make one.
I finally decided to take Caedyn with me to find something. Still hoping for a bunny rabbit and avoiding the tutus, tiaras, and wings for at least one more year we compromised on a Love Bug costume from Old Navy. I actually don't know what it is, but she wanted it because it is pink. I allowed it because it still looked cute and cuddly. (I just want one more year before she leaves the cute and cuddly for big girl princess costumes!) I told her it was a Love Bug because it has heart shaped wings with hearts on the wings and antenna. Grandma calls her a Love Bug, so Caedyn was thrilled!
So here are the Turtle and Love Bug's debuts.
Caedyn and Eli both won the cake walk. They each chose cupcakes. Good choice kids!
Eli also chose these funny glasses!
Eli loved holding his bag out for people to fill!
Sucker #1 was lost when Caedyn ran up to hug Eli and it stuck to her. She ran off without knowing it was stuck to her and Eli SCREAMED! Don't worry though, Pastor Tommy gave him another one as I am telling him "No more suckers tonight!"
2 comments:
They are so cute!
I love the turtle costume.
Post a Comment