Tuesday, September 8, 2009

It has been too long!

When I haven't blogged for a long time, I don't know what to blog about. So here comes some randomness.

1. We spent Labor Day weekend sick. All four of us. It started with Caedyn last Wednesday. She was wheezing, so she was put on breathing treatments. All got well with her pretty quickly. Then Thursday, Eli's nose started running like a faucet. Friday morning, Gary and I both woke up with scratchy throats. Saturday thru Monday Gary, Eli, and I felt terrible. No fever except Eli woke up around midnight Saturday night with a 102.6 temp. That morning he had a temp of 96.6 and no more fever since. He woke up this morning with pink eye. So a typical head cold seems to be the diagnosis, but it hit our family of four hard this weekend. I have a cough left, but that is about it. Hopefully Eli's eyes will be normal tomorrow morning so he can go back to school. I LOVE those Vigamox drops. They work so fast!

2. Saturday we were supposed to take the kids to get their hair cut. Eli's first! Well, even though Gary and I felt yucky, we got the kids ready and walked out the door to find a flat tire greeting us. So we were stranded at home, and Caedyn was devastated! She wanted to go see Miss Susie so badly! It broke her heart that we had to stay home.

3. I got two new front tires today. The van drives so smoothly now!

4. I love Tuesdays! After school on Tuesdays, I take Caedyn to gymnastics. Then we go to "the resteraunt" which has typically been McCallister's - "the green resteraunt." Then we hit the grocery store for milk or just go home. She is so cute and acts so big when we are out just the two of us. It is so much FUN!

5. I am having a fantastic year at school this year! I am loving my students, the teachers on my hall, my schedule, and everything about this year. I feel like I am doing some great teaching, and that my students have already learned so much. I am just SO excited about this year! It is years like these that make those like last year worth every minute! I will take the good with the bad because that is the ebb and flow of education - heck, that is the ebb and flow of life! I LOVE being a teacher!!

6. I have started to plan Christmas presents, and I am excited! I love that I get to buy gifts for my neices and nephew. That is the best part outside of buying for my own kids!

7. I am trying to make an ABC book for Caedyn that includes a picture of each of our family members, but I can't find a program that will let me lay out the pages easily. Any suggestions. I have looked at Snapfish and Shutterfly. I was hoping to be able to do something like that and just drop the pictures into the layout, but they don't have layouts that work for all of my pages. I know someone reading this can help me! (Feel free to rip off my idea, but let me know how you do it - PLEASE!)

8. I need to dump my camera! I haven't downloaded pics since we got back from vacation in July. I am not looking forward to that. That means a lot of organizing.

9. Eli is talking and repeating! He is so funny. The funniest things he does right now are to tell Caedyn to "go" when she comes to sit on my lap while he is there and when he says "oh" while scrunching up his face. He does this as if to say ouch, but he says it any chance he gets. If I pat his behind, he looks up and says "oh!" Anytime anyone or anything bumps or hits him he does this. It is just too much!

10. Well, I am done with my ramblings. I think this is what we call a brain dump. I dumped everything I could think of here. Now I can go to bed. You can see with this head cold, I am not thinking about too much!

2 comments:

margaret said...

ITS ALWAYS GOOD T READ YOUR BLOG. IT KEEPS US INFORMED SINCE WE DON,T GET TO SEE YOU VERY OFTEN. I ENJOY HEARING ABOUT CAEYDON AND ELI,S DOINGS. THEY ARE SO CUTE AND GROWING UP SO FAST. LOVE YOU ALL.

GLAD YOU ARE HAVING A GOOD YEAR AT SCHOOL.

LOVE NANA AND PA ALLEN

Tommy, Erica, Addie Kate, and Andrew said...

Why not just use word or publisher for the ABC book? You can just move them around on the page where you want to and then arrange the text as you want to. Plus, you are probably so used to using word/publisher that it may be easier anyway. And, you can change around your fonts a lot more than Snapfish would allow. I use word or publisher for EVERYTHING. Just a thought! Hope it helps!