Well, I don't know how thoughtful this post will be, but I was trying to think of a creative title for some more random ramblings.
1. I have tried to keep my blog somewhat "safe" by not posting my last name or mentioning my city or state. Although, I know that people who are familiar with the places that I do mention would easily be able to figure out the town we live in. I also try to be really careful not to mention something "we are going to be doing" later in the week/month. Rather, I post things that we have already done. Anyway, this comes up because at school this week, we had "Mean Girls Training Part Two: Cyber-bullying." It really is amazing what people can learn online about someone else. If I post anything that could be risky or potentially harmful to someone, please bring my attention to it so I can delete it!
2. I went to the band concert tonight, and it was really good! I am so impressed with all 3 bands (6th, 7th, and 8th)! Having been a band nerd myself, I love listening to school bands. It was really cool how each level of the band showed great improvements. The 8th grade was phenomenal! Very impressive for a small district band program! I see why they won the state title this year!
3. I have adjusted well to my new school. It is one of the hardest changes I have made in my life, but I can finally say I have found a level of comfort there. This little district is SO different from the little district that made me the teacher I am proud to be today, but I am adjusting. And so are they!
4. I am SO thankful for family that is willing and able to help us when the kids are sick. I am totally out of days, and Caedyn and Eli were both sick this week. They have both been running fever and been congested. Of course "its just a virus!" Today I am happy to report that both went to school! Gary was out with them on Monday and half of Tuesday. My mom kept them Tuesday afternoon, and Gary's mom kept them yesterday. Tina said that they were all well! I think they kept her busy!
5. My kids have started fighting with each other. I think it is so funny! All week when I have gotton home, they have fought over who was going to sit on my lap. Thank goodness I sit on the floor with them. They push and shove each other off of my lap while fussing at each other. On Sunday, Eli even bit Caedyn! (Although, he barely has any top teeth!)
6. The kids have had the Book Fair at daycare this week! It was so much fun to take Caedyn through the books to find some for her and for Eli. Of course she only wanted the "Barbie book." If I asked her if she liked any other books, she would say yes, and then say, "NO! I want Barbie!" I guess she thought she was only getting one. She doesn't know me well enough yet!
7. Speaking of Barbies - Caedyn doesn't have ANY, yet she talks about them all of the time. Last summer when she spent time regularly with Hannah at Lisa's, she played with Barbies. So now all princesses are Barbies! She even calls her My Little Pony a barbie. (Maybe because of the hair?) I think it is cute that she calls the princesses barbies!
8. I am SO ready to hang stuff on my walls! We have now been here a year, and I have decided where I want hooks, pictures, etc. Gary and I are a little hammer shy. We don't want to mess anything up. (I know we wouldn't, but you know...)
9. We have decided that Eli is going to be TROUBLE! As he is sweetly sleeping in his bed, I cannot think of any great examples, but he is quite a handful already! He just won't listen, and he gets this look on his face when he knows he is doing something he's not supposed to! Oh boy, he is going to be fun!
10. I love our house! It is so wonderful how God is in control of our lives!
11. I have been clipping coupons for 5 weeks now, but I have only gone on one coupon shopping spree. I saved 39% on that day, but it took ALL day to go to all the places that had the things I wanted to buy on sale with my coupons. I have a handy dandy Trapper Keeper, and am so proud of my organized coupons. Now I just need to figure out how I am going to use them!
12. Amy is supposed to be induced on May 13, and I am SO excited! When she had Taylor, Caedyn was still so young (9 months), but now my kids are 1 and 2, so I am READY for another baby in the family! (DISCLAIMER: NOT MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY! ONE I CAN GIVE BACK!)
3 comments:
I was glad to keep C & E on Tuesday. Sadly they were really sick, but gladly for me I had some good cuddle time w/each while the other slept. Most days they are so busy they don't have time to cuddle.
Also, when you're ready to hang pictures, let me know and I'll help you. You know I love a hammer.
cici
Great family picture!!
You crack me up! Girl - y'all go hammer away! I too am very worried about the Internet - I wish I had named our blog something else. I may do so in the future, we'll see. I still am planning to go private, which I've talked about for a year now! Hope y'all are well! Sure miss talking to you!
Post a Comment