Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Tractor Show...The anticipation

Tonight Eli overheard me telling my friend Lynn about a tractor show we are going to in a couple of weeks. Eli just started saying, "I go tractor show!" over and over again.

I assured him, "Yes, buddy you are going!" He was so excited and I knew I had made a mistake. Eli thought we were leaving the restaurant to go immediately to the tractor show. So on the way home Eli cried and cried as I told him, "We will go to the tractor show next Saturday, okay?!"

NOPE! Not going to work. His cries turned into, mumbo jumbo that was something like, "I on puppa twacta, I on puppa twacta, ..."

I listed and said, "You want puppet tractor?"

"Yeah!" Sniff, sniff. "I wan puppa twacta!"

"Eli what is puppet tractor?"

"Twacta at da back of da puppa show."

"OHhh! Baby, we aren't going to a tractor puppet show. We are going to a tractor show where they have real tractors for us to look at and touch."

"Oh, (sniff, sniff) okay Mommy. We goin' wight now?"

"No buddy; we are going next Saturday."

The wailing resumed all the way home!

2 comments:

kay said...

I know how these boys love tractors. When and where is the show?

margaret said...

YOU CAN,T FOOL A LITTLE BOY. WAIT DOSEN,T MEAN ANYTHING TO A CHILD THEY WONT NOW. I,M A LOT LIKE THAT AND SOMETIME IT GET ME IN TROUBLE